Getting The Government Out Of Religion - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Getting The Government Out Of Religion

This is a discussion on Getting The Government Out Of Religion within the Political News and Topics forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Denton The constitution says nothing about the separation of church and state. That phrase is taken out of a letter from Thomas ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Getting The Government Out Of Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    The constitution says nothing about the separation of church and state. That phrase is taken out of a letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Church, and it is taken out of context.
    EXACTLY.... when people say the constitution requires separation of church and state it is as bad as saying the USA is a democracy ....

The concept was that the federal government would not pick a denomination to be the chosen church.... many states has state church... in fact some states had state church until 1877

https://undergod.procon.org/view.res...ourceID=000069
    Denton, inceptor and The Resister like this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    As you can tell by the time stamp, this kid doesn't do mornings.
    I get up at 1:00AM or 1:30AM. Do the laundry, make the dog's breakfast (he's on a special diet, fancier than my own), do the Daily Devotional and lie in the dark for an hour for calm. I'm at the gym by 3:30AM. And like you, I don't even know what planet I'm on until I have some iced coffee. I have four or five glasses of iced coffee from the B&N cafe' (just to be on the safe side) depending on my mood. I'll do one just to get the engine started.

After the gym, I might lay back until the talk shows come on. Right now I'm doing a Barge polishing project for the guys at KimberTalk. I might do 30 to 50 before I'm done. Somewhere during the day--either early or late--we hit the B&N cafe' and I sit in my chair and just exhale. I'm wound pretty snug until the chores are over and I can relax. But after dinner I take a book and the radio to bed. I've found you have to prepare yourself for sleep.

If you're waking up still feeling tired, try slowly going to sleep. This process has kept me out of the loonie-bin for several years.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    I get up at 1:00AM or 1:30AM. Do the laundry, make the dog's breakfast (he's on a special diet, fancier than my own), do the Daily Devotional and lie in the dark for an hour for calm. I'm at the gym by 3:30AM. And like you, I don't even know what planet I'm on until I have some iced coffee. I have four or five glasses of iced coffee from the B&N cafe' (just to be on the safe side) depending on my mood. I'll do one just to get the engine started.

After the gym, I might lay back until the talk shows come on. Right now I'm doing a Barge polishing project for the guys at KimberTalk. I might do 30 to 50 before I'm done. Somewhere during the day--either early or late--we hit the B&N cafe' and I sit in my chair and just exhale. I'm wound pretty snug until the chores are over and I can relax. But after dinner I take a book and the radio to bed. I've found you have to prepare yourself for sleep.

If you're waking up still feeling tired, try slowly going to sleep. This process has kept me out of the loonie-bin for several years.
    Yeah, thanks for the advice. You ain't me.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Where to draw the line is a problem. There simply isn't an easy answer that will make everyone happy. Government was supposed to be separate from religion, that was one of the mainstays of the revolution.

And then the government promptly got right back into the business of promoting christianity at the expense of and in spite of all the non-christian citizens. This issue is deeper and far more entrenched than civil war issues; at least the government doesn't usually promote confederate images, and it doesn't print confederate slogans on the money.

What also seems apparent to me is that public sentiment is changing from what it was when I was a kid. When I first discussed "in god we trust" with dad, (in about 1964) he said that there's probably nothing we can do about it. That sentiment seemed to apply across the board, as "under god" was used every day in the pledge in grade school.

Now, with civil war monuments coming down and this cross coming down, it seems reasonable to say that times have changed since then.

The atheists liked to quote something and I'm surprised that you haven't on this point. In 1797 the Treaty of Tripoli was ratified by the U.S. Senate. In Article 11, it plainly states:

the government of the United States is in no way founded on the Christian religion.” (Article II)

What atheists did not tell is the rest of the story:

"A prominent member of Adams' cabinet, Secretary of War James McHenry, claimed that he protested the language of Article 11 before its ratification. He wrote to Secretary of the Treasury Oliver Wolcott, Jr., September 26, 1800: "The Senate, my good friend, and I said so at the time, ought never to have ratified the treaty alluded to, with the declaration that 'the government of the United States, is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.' What else is it founded on?

Well, the Senate changed the wording of the Treaty and the story above goes on:

"In 1931 Hunter Miller completed a commission by the United States government to analyze United States' treaties and to explain how they function and what they mean to the United States' legal position in relationship with the rest of the world.[19] According to Hunter Miller's notes, "the Barlow translation is at best a poor attempt at a paraphrase or summary of the sense of the Arabic" and "Article 11 ... does not exist at all."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli

In an effort to make sure you have a proper education on this, I'm including this link. It is irrefutable, incontrovertible proof that what you are promoting on this board is unadulterated cow manure of the bull variety:

https://wallbuilders.com/america-christian-nation/

Every country on this planet has their cultural ideology regarding what they think is right and what is wrong. Politics is nothing more than religion in action. America is the only country I know of that guarantees that you have a God given Right to practice whatever religion you like OR no religion at all. That does not mean that our culture is not predicated upon the moral absolutes found in the Bible. The attempts to eradicate every symbol of our cultural heritage on the basis that is some mythical "separation of church and state" - which was in a private letter written to the Danbury Baptists AND meaning exactly 180 degrees OPPOSITE of your claims is indefensible on every level.

The left has made sure that all references to our history are disappearing. The statues, monuments and memorials are coming down; the government has figured out how to eliminate nativity scenes and public displays of the Ten Commandments. The Anti Defamation League has been enlisted to scour YouTube for anything that poses a threat to the extreme liberals. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are following suit. Christians are being told they cannot hold Bible study classes in their homes (it's unlawful assembly - so remind me about your commitment to the separation of church and state.) The IRS has attempted to pull churches tax exempt status due to their tenets of faith.

It appears that, with people like you in the majority, secular humanism is the unofficial religion of the United States. You might be able to tell me all about this separation of church and state, but I'd bet dollars against doughnuts that you cannot point to any public statement you've made denouncing policies that require churches register with and beg for tax exempt status. Better still, you've probably never denounced the IRS for illegally pursuing churches on the basis of their beliefs. For example:

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/27/56030...rvative-groups

Let's be honest here. What values do those groups generally represent? IF the IRS were not targeting churches, Congress would not have needed to pass legislation to halt their practices:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...olitics-698319

The moral is: If you are leaning right in your political ideology and you're a Christian, expect that the separation of church and state does not apply. The liberals think that the Constitution protects them FROM religion. So, they continue to use that separation of church and state ruse to eradicate anything that acknowledges Christianity in any way, shape, fashion, or form.

You might be on the top now, and clucking like a chicken, but know this: what goes around, comes around AND the political pendulum swings back and forth. Sometimes it even requires wars, but eventually Christian America will someday want their Liberties restored.
    Last edited by The Resister; 09-26-2018 at 06:46 AM.
    ekim and MikeTango like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Sponsored Links