Open carry/shoulder holster issue
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Open carry/shoulder holster issue within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I'm posting this knowing I'll receive a lot of flack for open carry but suffice to say I have my reasons which I'll talk about.. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Open carry/shoulder holster issue

I'm posting this knowing I'll receive a lot of flack for open carry but suffice to say I have my reasons which I'll talk about..
    My wife is pretty nervous about guns, her father shot himself and she just doesn't like them now. Says my open carrying makes her feel like everyone around us is on edge and it puts her on edge. Granted she says she only feels this way inside restaurants and etc.

I carry using a shoulder harness system bc I find that I draw it faster esoiecialy in a car.. I am really practiced with my carry method weapon retention in this position etc and don't really want to change this.. it gets pretty hot here and generally I just throw a button up on over my gun when I walk into a place.

But she thinks I should change my carry completely. And suggestions to a fix for this? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sideKahr likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guywithagun View Post
    IBut she thinks I should change my carry completely. And suggestions to a fix for this? Thoughts?
    And where would she want you to carry... in the gun safe at home?

Rancher
    modfan likes this.

Wear an undershirt, put your harness on over that, then put a button up shirt over the top of it thats a couple sizes too big. Before you do this though you should have a concealed permit
    RedLion and Michael_Js like this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I carry in a black leather holster on my hip. A tee shirt covers 90% and I can still get it out in a nice sweeping motion. My wife bought me some sleeveless tee shirts to wear under my shirt. It keeps the leather from rubbing on my side.

My wife was under similar circumstances growing up. I found a nice female trainer at the range I shoot at. Explained my wife's situation to her. Then introduced my wife to her and explained I wanted her to have a concealed carry. My wife loves shooting now.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Open carry will always have issues associated with it. Not going to judge how a person carries long as they follow the law. Personally I CC to avoid issues with others. Last thing we need as gun owners is a public upset when it just does not need to be. If wife is uncomfortable, fix the problem find away to carry and not upset her. It can be done . So many different ways to use a shoulder or any other holster now days .
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The first year I concealed carried I used a larger shirt which covered the weapon, and it did get hot in the summertime. The answer for me was some lightweight vests I purchased from amazon. Even in the heat of summer wearing a light t-shirt underneath it's not bad at all. I carry a small pistol on my belt, but I imagine it was work just as well with a shoulder holster. I never button the vest, as for easy access to my weapon. It was the answer I was looking for.
    dwight55 and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guywithagun View Post
    I'm posting this knowing I'll receive a lot of flack for open carry but suffice to say I have my reasons which I'll talk about..
    My wife is pretty nervous about guns, her father shot himself and she just doesn't like them now. Says my open carrying makes her feel like everyone around us is on edge and it puts her on edge. Granted she says she only feels this way inside restaurants and etc.

I carry using a shoulder harness system bc I find that I draw it faster esoiecialy in a car.. I am really practiced with my carry method weapon retention in this position etc and don't really want to change this.. it gets pretty hot here and generally I just throw a button up on over my gun when I walk into a place.

But she thinks I should change my carry completely. And suggestions to a fix for this? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So what are your "reasons" for open carrying? You post did not specify. I hope that I am wrong, but smell a troll......

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    So what are your "reasons" for open carrying? You post did not specify. I hope that I am wrong, but smell a troll......
    I was a little confused about that too, you open carry then when going in somewhere you "throw a shirt over it' then that is not open carry, I started to mention it, but decided to let it slide.
    RedLion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    I was a little confused about that too, you open carry then when going in somewhere you "throw a shirt over it' then that is not open carry, I started to mention it, but decided to let it slide.
    A brand new poster presenting as if offering bait to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    No I thought I covers it sorry. I'm much faster with the shoulder holster and it is generally more comfortable to carry open than concealed in extreme heat, I usually throw a button up over it when I go into restaurants and the like.
    I don't care to troll you.
    A Watchman likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links