.45 ACP suck. - Page 11
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

.45 ACP suck.

This is a discussion on .45 ACP suck. within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 They allow full auto for State police? That was something I was unaware of. The grease gun was a true spray ...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: .45 ACP suck.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    They allow full auto for State police? That was something I was unaware of. The grease gun was a true spray and pray weapon. Not getting down on it that is what it was designed for.
    I worked at a nearby P.D. that had a rack of tommy guns.
    MisterMills357 and Camel923 like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The 9mm was developed for pussies who can't handle a 45ACP!
    bigwheel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I worked at a nearby P.D. that had a rack of tommy guns.
    Yes but were they full auto the Thomson can in both the grease gun did not.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Yup.

A sergeant was fiddling with one, one afternoon. He fired off three rounds by accident. The detectives upstairs were not amused.
    Camel923 and MisterMills357 like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

In my very limited experience, I have trouble keeping a three round burst on target with the Thompson. I get pulled up and to the right every time. No such issue with an UZI, sten or mp5 and no issues with a 1911 or glock in .45 auto or 9. Oh well, there is a reason to go practice and get instruction.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    In my very limited experience, I have trouble keeping a three round burst on target with the Thompson. I get pulled up and to the right every time. No such issue with an UZI, sten or mp5 and no issues with a 1911 or glock in .45 auto or 9. Oh well, there is a reason to go practice and get instruction.
    The Grease gun was designed to be a flat out spry and pray. I forgot what qualifying with was but it was pretty much point and throw lead your good. They had a large target at 50 yards and by large I mean large.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    I know a former NY State Trooper who had a AD with his issue .38, it fell out of his holster and landed on the hammer, and POW. He carried it empty form that point on, so he learned the wrong lesson, IMHO. So it is not just the 1911 that has them, and I have had my own 1911 for at least 35 years, with no AD's.
    PS: I would love to lay my hands on a S&W 4506 at a reasonable price. I know a good gun when I see it, and I like the size of it; it looks like it can handle recoil.
    Attachment 95027
    https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/g...omatic-models/

Yes, the .357 snubby is a great gun, and I would love to have one. I have read about it, and people seem to think that it is a dead round or something.
    IMHO, it is more popular than ever, mainly because of the Ruger SP101 reviving it, as a pocket gun.

HEAVY .44 SPECIAL OUTDOORSMAN 255 gr. S.W.C. (Keith-type) G.C. (1,000fps/M.E.566 ft.lbs.)
    Do you mean this load, or something else? Those things a $2 a pop. How do you afford them?

His long gun was an MP5 full auto, I fired it, and it was a hoot. I take it for granted that some State Police have M16's now-a-days. The LAPD has hundreds of them.

After the Hollywood shoot-out, they bought them from DOD. I have never fired a Grease Gun, but I like the design, and at 50 feet or less, it should do pretty good.
    Not sure what year we speaking of here or which gun. I got issued a SW Model 28 in 71 and it had a hammer block to prevent such exotic events. Could not be fired without the booger hooks applied to the bang switch. Could not be fired by dropping or even tryng to drop the hammer on a live round as per the old Cowboy thumb busters. Those goofy yankees musta had some antique guns of some sort. No wonder that are so nutty up there. lol. Will agree the .44 Special is a great round. Old Sheriff in Bee County killed many a bad guy with his back in the 40s-50s. He had a Colt. Pretty famous old law dog. I have posted a few links about him over the years. Tall skinnky hair lipped guy who talked funny. Name Vail Ennis. He nearly always shot the bad gus six times since thats all the rounds his gun held and he did not shoot his friends.
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lif...re-4413188.php
    Last edited by bigwheel; 01-20-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    MisterMills357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Not sure what year we speaking of here or which gun. I got issued a SW Model 28 in 71 and it had a hammer block to prevent such exotic events. Could not be fired without the booger hooks applied to the bang switch. Could not be fired by dropping or even tryng to drop the hammer on a live round as per the old Cowboy thumb busters. Those goofy yankees musta had some antique guns of some sort. No wonder that are so nutty up there. lol. Will agree the .44 Special is a great round. Old Sheriff in Bee County killed many a bad guy with his back in the 40s-50s. He had a Colt. Pretty famous old law dog. I have posted a few links about him over the years. Tall skinnky hair lipped guy who talked funny. Name Vail Ennis. He nearly always shot the bad gus six times since thats all the rounds his gun held and he did not shoot his friends.
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lif...re-4413188.php
    When I knew him, he was retired and about 80 years old, and that was 20 years ago. I am going by his say-so, and he must have been a cop during the 1950's.
    He did not know much about guns, except, you pull the trigger, and bang.
    bigwheel likes this.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

The Good Cop

The Grease Gun had such a slow cyclic rate that I could easily squeeze off single rounds.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The Grease Gun had such a slow cyclic rate that I could easily squeeze off single rounds.
    Yes they did design them to run slow.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Sponsored Links