Hi-Point Firearms?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi-Point Firearms?

This is a discussion on Hi-Point Firearms? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Is Anyone familiar with Hi-point firearms. I understand they are cheap guns and you get what you pay for. but i have been reading and ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Hi-Point Firearms?

Hi-Point Firearms?

Is Anyone familiar with Hi-point firearms. I understand they are cheap guns and you get what you pay for. but i have been reading and watching reviews online and people seem to have mix feelings on them. I was hoping for some feedback from my fellow preppers.

Pros: They are American made and have a lifetime guarantee. They usually work with fair accuracy.

Cons: Mostly plastic and are the size of most boat anchors. Usually broken when they are disassembled and attempted assembly for cleaning.
    BamaBoy101 and MisterMills357 like this.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    I've got a fair amount of experience with their pistols and carbines. There some of the worst quality made firearms around in my opinion and I personally would never stake my life on one. There's much better quality out there for just a little more. It's worth saving up for something of better quality as far as I'm concerned. It's your life though. Ruger's for instance aren't that much more and are a gun you can stake your life on running every time and being there for you. If you look around your local shops I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a nice used P94 or P95 for under $300. There a tank of a pistol, built to last. There's always new though like the SR9's.

Buy Ruger Centerfire Pistols for Sale, 9mm .40S&W, .45ACP and more

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I have two .45 pistols made by Hi-Point. I can't even begin to explain why I bought them. I've also adopted the ugliest dog in the pound, before. That may be a clue as to those two purchases.

My experiences with them? I pull the trigger and they hit center mass. Every single time. I'd rather try to conceal-carry the engine off of my lawn mower, but they are just fine for leaving around the house, to me.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

High Point guns serve a purpose, use them for that purpose. They aren't sold as target weapons, you are buying an inexpensive gun, so plan on that if you get one. People CC AK pistols and such, you can CC a High Point. Getting shot by a .45 High Point is just as bad as a $1000 Kimber .45...

Ugly, yes, but do you really care what it looks like if it does the job. They all look ugly from the wrong end pointed at you!

The nice thing about hi-point is they will warranty them for anything, even cleaning, and you can always buy about 4-5 of them for the same price as a good 1911 and have plenty of spare parts if SHTF and the warranty is no longer available. I think my Ruger MKII is at least as hard to disassemble and put back together as a hi-point. Also if you can get past the trigger pull the fixed barrel design of the hi-point is almost always more accurate than a locked breech/moving barrel design.

First gun my wife bought was a High Point .380. Two weeks later she got her CC permit and scored highest in the class for shooting score with her High Point and it never failed to go bang. True she now carries a Ruger, but that was only because of the weight!

Yes, she is a better shot than me, most women that take up shooting end up quite good shots, must be in the genes....
    Last edited by ekim; 11-04-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spelling error
    StarPD45 and paraquack like this.

My husband has a Hi-Point 9. He actually likes his...never fails. Yes it's cheap (I poke fun at him sometimes about it), but we both actually enjoy shooting it. The companies goal was to make pistols under $200-$300. They are affordable but NEVER fire Winchester rounds outta one! I forgot for sure, but I'm almost positive the Winchester rounds are a slightly larger size than normal and Hi-Points have a problem shooting them. My husband thought something was wrong with his gun until a dealer told us the real problem. Other than that, he's had the gun for a few years and never had a problem with his.

Around my area I can buy a High Point from $129 for a .380 to $159 for a .45, not bad for what they are.

They make really nice truck guns. Throw one in the console or glove box with a couple mags and forget about it. Just like a Ruger.

Carry gun I'd look at a Kahr CW45 or CW9. $350 bucks, nice small,easily concealed, accurate and cheap IMO.
    Slippy likes this.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links