Hi-Point Firearms? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi-Point Firearms?

This is a discussion on Hi-Point Firearms? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Leon I have one as a truck gun and it has always shot true. Though they are right it's almost all plastic ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Hi-Point Firearms?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I have one as a truck gun and it has always shot true. Though they are right it's almost all plastic and heavy as hell
    Yeah, whodathunk plastic could weigh so much?
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Yeah, whodathunk plastic could weigh so much?
    Well one good thing about the gun is that you could easily beat someone to death with it.
    Denton likes this.

I had 'Hi" hopes when I bought a 9MM carbine. If it hadn't jammed about every 5 or 10 rounds I would have kept the piece of crap! Other than that, it was a cool looking gun that I would never take to a fire fight!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I say if you like it go for it. I really like the Taurus guns, a lot of people gave me grief over it. All that matters is you getting comfortable and train with the firearm, if it works for you that's what matters. It is better to have a Hi-point, than a pocket full of rocks. Get what you can afford you can always upgrade to something better at a later time if you want to. Good luck and stay safe.
    ekim, paraquack and Denton like this.

I have collected many of them out of the waistbands of thugs over the years. They would make great hammers, boat anchors, paperweights, doorstops or wheel chocks. I've never considered using them as firearms though. I'm not being a gun snob, I just see too many catastrophic failures with them over the years. It has been discussed before, I've seen high points at many suicide scenes so I no they are good for one shot. More than one may be a tall order.

My dad has the Hi - Point 9mm carbine. Not a bad gun for the money and fun to shoot! Just hate the single stack mags
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by acfink View Post
    Is Anyone familiar with Hi-point firearms. I understand they are cheap guns and you get what you pay for. but i have been reading and watching reviews online and people seem to have mix feelings on them. I was hoping for some feedback from my fellow preppers.
    JUNK!!!!!!!! Stay away
    American_infidel

Like any low dollar tool it depends what you expect from them. I know some who hate them and others who love them. It might be that some of the weaknesses have been corrected but the reputation stays or it might be that some are decent and others are junk. If you find one that feels good try it and find out for yourself.
    Back in 1971 when I bought my Ruger they were the new kid on the block and a lot of folks said they were junk because they were so inexpensive. Well here it is all these years later and that Ruger has been the best gun I ever bought and i wish I had three or four more because after well over 40000 rounds it is still tight and shoots 1 inch groups at 25 yards free hand.

Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    Like any low dollar tool it depends what you expect from them. I know some who hate them and others who love them. It might be that some of the weaknesses have been corrected but the reputation stays or it might be that some are decent and others are junk. If you find one that feels good try it and find out for yourself.
    Back in 1971 when I bought my Ruger they were the new kid on the block and a lot of folks said they were junk because they were so inexpensive. Well here it is all these years later and that Ruger has been the best gun I ever bought and i wish I had three or four more because after well over 40000 rounds it is still tight and shoots 1 inch groups at 25 yards free hand.
    Ya that's a Ruger not a Hi-Point. Hi-Point is truly a piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ekim View Post
    High Point guns serve a purpose, use them for that purpose. They aren't sold as target weapons, you are buying an inexpensive gun, so plan on that if you get one. People CC AK pistols and such, you can CC a High Point. Getting shot by a .45 High Point is just as bad as a $1000 Kimber .45...

Ugly, yes, but do you really care what it looks like if it does the job. They all look ugly from the wrong end pointed at you!
    What a ridiculous statement, when I mowing down zombies I want to look as bad azz as possible.... not with some ugly piece of metal.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links