Hi-Point Firearms? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi-Point Firearms?

This is a discussion on Hi-Point Firearms? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I looked at them before I bought my Springfield xd9. I will probably buy one in. 45 after the newness of the xd wears off. ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Hi-Point Firearms?

I looked at them before I bought my Springfield xd9. I will probably buy one in. 45 after the newness of the xd wears off. Everyone I know that owns one loves it.
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Hidden Content - Adventures of a Bearded Dad!

My experience is that is like others, it is like buying a watch. You can spend 5 grand on a watch, and you can spend 5 dollars. They both keep time. I have shot A H.P., I havent baught one yet, but I would if I wanted to. Would I stake my life on it? unknown?
    There is a guy at the flea market here, everytime I have been there, he has a HI Point 45, no paperwork, private sell, $350. I suspect he sells one, buys another at the Big R store, and pockets about $100 everytime he does so.
    I hadn't heard that they had that lifetime guarantee, so hell, Made in America? with a lifetime guarantee? and I have knowledge of a certain moderator that absolutley loves his HI Point, so I may pick one up, but not after I get a new rifle or muzzle loader.
    Just my 02 cents.

I had a .45 that had about 500 near flawless rounds through it, and a 9mm that has about 30-40 rounds through it with at least 1/3 of the rounds having an issue. (the 9mm is SO bad that I can't even bring myself to sell it... yes, THAT bad.)

I think they can be very hit and miss, but if it is all you can afford... and you want to carry it daily - buy something else(even if it is all you can afford). If you want something to keep in a car/truck or as a JIC backup you might be their target customer, just make sure to test it out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

After Mosin's, Hi-Point is next on my favorite list. They're ugly, though I really dig the whole "planet of the apes" look on the carbines, but they're affordable, dependable and have the best warranty in the industry. Hi-Point's single biggest fault are gun snobs.
    Silverbullet and ekim like this.

Tackle Box gun...
    Slippy and Renec like this.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

I'm not going to lie. I'm a snob. I think they're the ugliest damn things on the planet, pretty much the only gun uglier than a Glock.

I like my Sig's, and when it comes to tupperware I like my Springfield. Sorry.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Yup I'm a snob. I see an add for Hi point on sale and I think, "Why not for a trunk gun." I head down to the store pick one up and pull the nasty looking/sounding slide back while gripping the plastic grips, heft it up to get a sight picture and start laughing out loud. I apologize to the sales staff and I leave.
    Fuzzee and MisterMills357 like this.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    My best friend thought for years his High Point was an ok pistol. I told him while breaking it down with him the points of quality and how the gun was made. It took him years later after lots of high end training and firearms experience to see what I was talking about and come to terms on it. It's now a truck gun for him too and he says he can at least throw it at someone if it doesn't blow up in his hand when it goes.

nechaev likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I have two .45 pistols made by Hi-Point. I can't even begin to explain why I bought them. I've also adopted the ugliest dog in the pound, before. That may be a clue as to those two purchases.

My experiences with them? I pull the trigger and they hit center mass. Every single time. I'd rather try to conceal-carry the engine off of my lawn mower, but they are just fine for leaving around the house, to me.
    I have one as a truck gun and it has always shot true. Though they are right it's almost all plastic and heavy as hell
    Denton likes this.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links