Shopping with wife tonight
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Shopping with wife tonight within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; She wants a new handgun. Because of issues with her hand autos just do not work well for her now days. We have bee looking ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Shopping with wife tonight

She wants a new handgun. Because of issues with her hand autos just do not work well for her now days. We have bee looking at a Walther CCP9 it use a gas blow back system that makes for and easier slide but still hard for her.
    Her current SW 38 is just to small. After some research it looks like a Taurus 85PLYB2Fs may win out. It meets the requirement of being double action . It has great sight for a revolver . 18.2 OZ it is only 1.2 OZ heavier that an Ultra light. It is easy to hold with a firm grab. It is a ploy frame , but so what this is not a combat gun but a CC. All I have found put it above the S&W in every detail except easy of draw. It ties the Ruger LCR in most. Most likely something new is coming home today for her.
    Slippy, sideKahr and Prepared One like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I'm confused, Smitty. Your wife's current S and W .38 (or is it model 38) is too small, but you are considering a Taurus polymer frame 5-shot .38?? What am I missing?
    bigwheel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    I'm confused, Smitty. Your wife's current S and W .38 is too small, but you are considering a Taurus polymer frame .38?? What am I missing?
    Her Body Guard .38 is not just small it is tiny. not a bad weapon but not sized where she can keep a good grip with it. The ploy is a little larger and has an outstanding grip.
    This is the Body Guard. I also have one so it appears soon I will have two of them.
    Shopping with wife tonight-38-bodyguard.jpg.
    Slippy, sideKahr, stowlin and 1 others like this.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Smitty, have you looked at the Ruger SP101 in .327 mag? Or 38sp +p?
    Last edited by Slippy; 07-15-2016 at 11:09 PM.
    Maol9 likes this.

Okay. Thanks.

I love my Smith Model 37. I have the original grips on it, and they are small. But I have strong hands and have no trouble controlling recoil with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Smutty, have you looked at the Ruger SP101 in .327 mag? Or 38sp +p?
    Yes, as a fan of Ruger it is ways my first stop. The problem is the grip and her needs. Ruger is not out that is why WE are going shopping tonight.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Yes, as a fan of Ruger it is ways my first stop. The problem is the grip and her needs. Ruger is not out that is why WE are going shopping tonight.
    I like the ballistics of the .327 Fed Magnum. Have fun tonight and be safe. They be some crazy mofo s out there tonight.

(But I think woe to them should they be foolish and mess with Smitty!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Smutty, have you looked at the Ruger SP101 in .327 mag? Or 38sp +p?
    I had not heard of the .327. Thanks alot now I have another to add to the list of wants.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretPrepper View Post
    I had not heard of the .327. Thanks alot now I have another to add to the list of wants.
    Real Guns - The .327 Federal Magnum
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ag-ballistics/

Just get rid of that BG 38. It's one of the biggest pieces of junk S&W has produced, IMHO. Even the cylinder turns the wrong way. I purchased one for the wife and quickly dumped it. Laser sucks, period.

I would suggest a S&W M&P 340 hammerless or M&P 360 with the hammer. Both are 357 mags and are light weight scandium. Very accurate and concealable. Add a Crimson Trace and your set.

I'd pass on the Ruger which are just to heavy for carry. Plus I've been very disappointed lately with Ruger quality and accuracy.
    bigwheel likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links