Back to 9mm from 40 cal? - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Back to 9mm from 40 cal?

This is a discussion on Back to 9mm from 40 cal? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Yeah, I do see where your coming from, in this day and time, price is king, but for me it's a day late and a ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Back to 9mm from 40 cal?

9UC

Yeah, I do see where your coming from, in this day and time, price is king, but for me it's a day late and a caliber short Smitty. Got a case plus of 115gr/124gr and a half case of 147gr on hand and a case of 124gr on the way at pre-crisis price, so another larger caliber, stocking up on ammo and mags is out of the question. If I have to have a larger caliber, I've got my USGI Colt 45.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    Life Member: Vietnam Security Police Assn VSPA), DVA, VVA, VFW

Quote Originally Posted by 9UC View Post
    Yeah, I do see where your coming from, in this day and time, price is king, but for me it's a day late and a caliber short Smitty. Got a case plus of 115gr/124gr and a half case of 147gr on hand and a case of 124gr on the way at pre-crisis price, so another larger caliber, stocking up on ammo and mags is out of the question. If I have to have a larger caliber, I've got my USGI Colt 45.
    Did an inventory om rounds Some how I ended up with a lot more .45 than I though was in the different locations. Not printing any numbers but the words over kill would be an understatement.
    The the 45 Colt supply was not to shabby either but I only have 1 weapon that fires it.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The time is here, be supplied with what tools you have. I don't think starting a new caliber would be prudent. Just have food on hand for what you want to feed. I have long range rifle and short range. Long range hand gun and short range and a pile of pills for all.
    9UC, Alpha-17 and jrclen like this.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".-Benjamin Franklin-

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I have an M&P 9mm pro and an Astra 1-100 .45acp in nickel. I love both guns. The 9mm is 17+1 capacity. And the .45 is 9+1. They both will do the job, so I have no interest in .40 cal.

I'm probably a day late and a dollar short on this but here's my thoughts on it. At this stage in the game with good quality ammunition (i.e. a quality defensive load) I doubt very much you'd see much of a difference in effectiveness between 9mm & .40 S&W. Truth be told I doubt you'd see much difference in effectiveness between 9mm and .45ACP with quality defensive loads. It'll all come down to what you're most comfortable with. Between 9mm & 40 S&W I'd choose the 9mm due to ammo costs being lower on the 9mm ammo and it'll be easier to to stockpile due to price. I'm a big fan of the .45ACP because I like big heavy slow bullets and that's what I carry but I also have to reload to do any amount of shooting with it and I don't think it'll do anything more than a 9mm or .40 S&W with good loads.

-Infidel

Never was on the .40 bus but there are a lot of them on the shelf.and price is normal around here.
    Lot of good .40 hand guns in the case. I am set with what I have but on the right day I could see picking up a 40 if the deal was right .
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I have a 9mm for warm weather carry.........But when the weather is cold and the clothing is more bulky it is .357 Magnum all the way.
    ibewbull likes this.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. --Ronald Reagan

More fun for the group!

Dont get me wrong....I'm in love with a .45...... ANY .45 ......EVERY .45! LOL Now we got that straight I really love a .40 S&W also! I also HATE 5.56 and .223 after carrying one for a total of 22 years for Uncle Sam...Instead I love .308!

But you hear stories like this taking place at a range of 20 feet...Its the first post in the forum there!

PA Shooting 40 SW vs. 45 ACP - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

Oh jeeze now I've went and drug .223 and 5.56 into it...... I'm goin straight ta hell now !LOL

SSGT

Isn't the SD 40 an updated Sigma?
    The resail value is not there on these not because ov 9mm vs 40 but because they are not very desireable.
    All in all you get what you pay for.
    I would look at the MP 40c options being .40, .357 SIG, and after market 9mm made to fit the same slide frame platform.
    Also the grip adapters allow for choosing mag capacity and grip size.
    Options which make sense to me.
    I do not have an MP well not yet anyhow. I do like that is made in the USA and it feels great in my hand.
    Hidden Content

Have a safe day and be ready in all ways.

Bull

I have not read all the comments so please forgive if this has been said. But the Sigmas (SD40VE and the SD9VE) are just awesome in my mind this is the gun that S&W was sued for being exactly like the glocks and after a court deal and changing the trigger pull they got to continue to make it!

Also the fact you can have a brand new one for $300-$350 both calibers brand new with the hard case and 2 mags is just awesome. I have had both and already own another 9mm one its my cc/oc I have around 1000 rounds through it and not one problem with mine)! You can take them down in seconds as well. Also you can do the spring mod to the trigger and take it from 12lbs to about 4lbs really easy (I personally like the heavier trigger pull). Plus you got to love the 16+1 capability!

All in all I love the Sigma. . . I went with the 9 simply because ammo has been empty on the shelves recently and I fear it will only get worse but it seems I can usually always get a box of 9 to where as the .40 seems less available recently, and I still had about 1500 rounds of 9mm just laying around.

This longer than intended post was mainly to let you know that it is a great piece and I wouldnt let the problem bother you because I have yet to find a problem with mine they are great guns especially for the price!!

Now I am going to go read all the comments and see if this has already been stated and all that jazz

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links