.38" handgun, what do you think? - Page 11
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

.38" handgun, what do you think?

This is a discussion on .38" handgun, what do you think? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I guess if you live in Detroitizan or Cincinatbabwe you would need hi cap firearms....

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: .38" handgun, what do you think?

The Good Cop

I guess if you live in Detroitizan or Cincinatbabwe you would need hi cap firearms.
    hawgrider and Denton like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

In the beginning: A snub nose was a 3 inch barrel. . As you can see from the two I posted above. For a 38 the barrel length has nothing to do with witch 38 rounds it fires..
    Ruger LCR is the shortest barrel I know of is just shy 1.9 inches
    For the record this is how the barrel is measured This S&W come in the same length as an LCR At lest with 1000 of an inch. of course that thing is not super accurate.
    .38" handgun, what do you think?-20201130_185616-1-.jpg

I am not pushing this firearm. In fact I would say it is not the best option for many. It is light unloaded 14.4 OZ. It is small but deceiving not a lot different than a 7+1 LC9S type semiauto. It takes range time to shoot well.
    it is rated for 38 +P if you wish to use them. The factory laser works well and has a long battery life. It is double action only. It is easy and fast to reload.
    This thread brought up a lot of questions about 38 revolvers . All this is about is using one to clear up a few things about them.

.38" handgun, what do you think?-20201201_051738-1-.jpg
    Last edited by Smitty901; 12-01-2020 at 06:41 AM.
    Eyeball and Slippy like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Yes, you need a concealed carry holster for it. Then you need reloading gear. Also, a hammerless revolver would snag less while trying to pull it out if you plan to carry it in your pocket.
    Eyeball likes this.
    Growing your own food is like growing your own money.

While doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is the refuge of fools and zealots.

If you aren't preparing to live, you're preparing to die.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    So is Glock Thigh.
    On another forum, Survivalist Boards I think, a number of years ago a member posted pictures of his leg after he shot himself re-holstering a Glock. As a warning to others.
    The bottom line was he was using a leather holster instead of a hard kydex and the leather tripped the trigger as he pushed the pistol in.
    The entrance and exit wounds were both pretty "clean" he must have been using hardball.
    I tend to disbelieve folks who say "the holster did it" when reporting NDs while reholstering. This is an almost impossible thing to happen, even with Glocks ( I have owned Glocks for many years, and never had this happen, and I only have leather holsters). It is possible to get a piece of clothing in a position to pull the trigger of a Glock while holstering, but it still comes back to operator error. Most NDs come from people having a finger on the trigger, whether or not they will admit it or "remember" it happening that way. I have had one ND in my life that I can recall, and it was 100% my fault, and was with a 1911 of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Immediately think of Tex Grebner " I just effing shot myself!"
    https://images.app.goo.gl/KngABVq4EUnWVAGa9
    Yeah, that guy fully admitted it was his fault. He was playing around and got sloppy. I loved that he called his parents immediately.
    hawgrider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    Remends me of a sex education lecture we had at school, the biology teacher began with-"Boys, now that you're reaching puberty you may have noticed something happening in your trousers.."
    Were you immediately sad that nothing was happening in your trousers?
    Eyeball likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    The clips must be a big deal across the pound.... Is he just now seeing them? Yeah whole lotta rosie going on..... rosy palms that is. Must be a queens subject thing.

Reminds of how the zipper heads just go bonkers for Chris Costa the gun god LMAO

As a soldier....as a man....as an American.....I would be utterly emasculated doing what I see being done in this video that Hawg showed us.... I would not be able to face the Salvation Army folks, let alone the regular army folks, or even distant relatives....

I'f he'd a been holding an ax, I'd say Lumber-sexual....not sure what to call this but a Gun-ber-sexual....

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    I'm a Brit so what the hell do I know about guns, but if I could buy one I think I'd plump for a .38" snubnose revolver like the one below for personal protection and home defence for 3 reasons-

1- the calibre has got good stopping power.

2- the gun is small enough to be easily concealed/carried.

3- I hear volvers never jam.

I'd try to get a 6-shooter preferably, otherwise a 5-shooter will do.
    Have I overlooked anything?

It's what I've generally got in my pocket when I leave the house. At the range and duration of most gunfights it should be enough. 9mm fanboys may disagree. Sometimes, when the mood strikes, I will carry a .45 ACP double stack XDS. I agree with you however, your assertions are, in my opinion correct. Also, if the need or opportunity arises, revolvers do not liter the ground with empties.
    rice paddy daddy and Eyeball like this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    As a soldier....as a man....as an American.....I would be utterly emasculated doing what I see being done in this video that Hawg showed us.... I would not be able to face the Salvation Army folks, let alone the regular army folks, or even distant relatives....

I'f he'd a been holding an ax, I'd say Lumber-sexual....not sure what to call this but a Gun-ber-sexual....
    You've got that right.
    That video screams "I'm gay as hell".
    I have no idea who that guy is, and I'm glad about that.
    stevekozak, Smitty901 and Eyeball like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The bobbed or concealed hammer on a revolver is not a form of a safety it's main purpose is to reduce likely hood of hammer getting caught while drawing it. A conceal hammer weapon You do not see it covered by design. A bobbed hammer is trimmed off. There is a difference in the two.
    Eyeball and rice paddy daddy like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links