Yikes- 9mm ammo - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Yikes- 9mm ammo

This is a discussion on Yikes- 9mm ammo within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Piratesailor Ammo.. Roll your own. No shortage. But I just did order more powder. And the powder prices have started to rise. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Yikes- 9mm ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Ammo..

Roll your own. No shortage.

But I just did order more powder. And the powder prices have started to rise.
    Powder is more expensive, but at least it is available. Primers are available nowhere.
    NewRiverGeorge and 65mustang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has ever molded their own bullets our of fishing weights or some other kind of metals? We may have to really get creative down the road.

Casting your own bullets is certainly a thing. Here is a forum dedicated to it. Cast Boolits Pretty cool, but I cna't imagine it is worth your time unless you are retired.
    ActionJackson likes this.

If you want to get the best prices, you have to be persistent in checking price and availability a couple times a day. Reasonably priced stocks come in and sell out in a matter of hours… sometimes minutes. In the past 2 weeks I’ve purchased 115gr 9mm ball at $22 per 100 count box and Winchester 5.56 55gr FMJ at $0.43 a round with veteran’s discount (1000 count box). Both of these were available for less than 5 hours.

You won't find good prices online... forget about it. The big sporting goods stores don't advertise when they get a shipment in (they don't always know ahead). They quietly put it on the shelf, so they're frequent customers get first come access. set up a texting group with friends. Each of you picks a day and checks the store a couple times on their day. When it's on the shelf, you text out to the group. You have to be ready to drop-and-drive when you get the text.
    SGG likes this.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

I've only got one 9MM, a West German Army Walther P-1, which is a post-war P-38.
    I don't carry it, I fire a few magazines every couple of years, yet I'm sitting on 4 or 5 hundred rounds of hard ball, plus three 25 round boxes of Hornady Critical Defense.
    At the rate I shoot that pistol, that will last a decade.
    pakrat and StratMaster like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I have bought ammo for a long time. I am good with 9,22,7.62 x 39 and 54 r, 302, 45, 30-06, m-1 carbine, 357 magnum, Argentine 7.63 x 53, 12 gauge 00 buck,,2, 4, 6, 8.

Magazines are also important.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

If I was ever to become a gun owner, I would collect a lifetime of ammo, say 20,000 rounds or so. And ups and downs in the market place would not affect you, if you had a firearm, I don't have any, so it is all just theoretical.
    StratMaster likes this.

I typed a response to this, and the post would not go, must be a sign.

The Good Cop

I stock ammo in 21 different calibers and gauges, and have one or more firearms in each.
    At age 72 I will never run out of ammo in my lifetime even if I never buy another box.
    In case of fire, there’s only 300 rounds or so inside the house, the rest is in the barn.
    StratMaster likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    I roll my own mainly because I shoot IDPA and with practicing routinely use 500+ rounds a month. Add the wife shooting and that number goes up.
    dwight55 and jeffh like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

After I had surgery on my left eye I got really paranoid over "flying brass." I salted away my ammunition years ago, hoping that dampness or simple Wisconsin winters wouldn't affect the rounds. Oh, and by the way, shatter-proof shooting glasses are quite pricey. Then again, you get to keep your eyes...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links