M&P derailed
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

M&P derailed

This is a discussion on M&P derailed within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I was demonstrating field stripping my M&P 9c for my brother this afternoon and I derailed it off the rear two slide guides. This is ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sparkyprep
  • 1 Post By alterego
  • 1 Post By Oddcaliber

Thread: M&P derailed

M&P derailed

I was demonstrating field stripping my M&P 9c for my brother this afternoon and I derailed it off the rear two slide guides. This is intended to be a don't do this learning experience for all.
    While I was putting it back together for those of you with experience you will know what I am Talking about.

You line up the front two guides and as you come back you need to bring the upper up a little to clear over the ejector and then back down onto the rear two slides.
    I missed bring it back down behind the ejector and went right over the rear two guides. The latch tried to reset. The only way I could figure to fix this was to come back forward and disassemble the pistol again. Because it was now on an angle it shaved plastic on the way forward and these little shavings went into the front where the recoil spring is. Every thing seams fine but you could definitely mess things up by doing this.M&P derailed-20141127_204620.jpg

M&P derailed-20141127_204509.jpgthese are the shavings from the plastic lower.

Super Moderator

Ouchie!
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A J

Heck, I bet it shoots as good as ever and you can't see the scratches when it's put together.

You should see some of the 'Character marks' on some of my toys!

AJ
    "Be careful what you post on the net, website owners will undo your edits and restore deleted things to serve THEIR needs and ignore those of you and your family"

"Even after they've banned all your friends, that helped create and moderate their website"

Happens to everyone sooner or later, we all make mistakes. Oh well, I'm sure it won't hurt it any, might bother you to look at it for a while but that's about it.

-Infidel

Ouch. That sucks. I try to keep all my firearms perfectly clean, scratch free, looking like new, at all times. But, let's be honest, these are tools, and a few scuff marks will be the least of our issues. I'm sure it still functions fine, and you learned something.
    Friends don't let friends own Glocks.

Ok. In before someone else says it: a Glock wouldn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
    Ok. In before someone else says it: a Glock wouldn't do that.
    A Glock would cease to function. Lol (JK)
    DoubleA likes this.
    Friends don't let friends own Glocks.

Yeah when it is together you can not see it. If you look close at the first pic right above the second reinforcement in the plastic where the guide grooves are in the plastic lower is where the shavings came from. It really has nothing to do with the function of the pistol. However as hard as it was to bring it back forward after I drug it back during what I thought was assembly you would have believed I had damaged something. I cycled it several times and their is no hang ups.
    sparkyprep likes this.

This is why I like steel!
    SoCal92057 likes this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

Sponsored Links