Why the sudden love for 9 mm?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Why the sudden love for 9 mm? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I have a Glock 27 that I used to carry as a back up. I went with 40 caliber because 10 years ago it was ...

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: Why the sudden love for 9 mm?

I have a Glock 27 that I used to carry as a back up. I went with 40 caliber because 10 years ago it was being said that 9 mm wasn't enough stopping power. Now I'm wondering if I should trade in my 27 for something in 9mm? I guess my question is what happened to make everyone hate the 40? Lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why the sudden love for 9 mm?-img_20200730_190847_1596237648008.jpg  

Slippy, 65mustang and Michael_Js like this.

9MM is by far the most popular round and these days the 9mm is much more capable then even 10 years ago. 40 is good but I went with stock ammo that is most easily found and priced right. 9MM, 45, 5.56, 308, 30-06, 12 Gauge. Not to say I don't have other calibers, but if things go to shit and I am needing to find more ammo those are what I am most likely to scrounge.
    Slippy, Annie, inceptor and 4 others like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

@prep ared That makes total sense and you are exactly right! I think I might trade it in for a 9 mm. I regret selling my 1 at gen Glock 17 years ago

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

First I heard of it. Know some cop shoppes are falling back to 9mm trying to be more political correct to placate godless liberals. I loves my forty and I knows how to use it lol, The only 9 I would want is a little bitty one. Back in my day they were huge with boot and back poecket guns was pretty much limited to derringers and 9 mm short aka .380 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    First I heard of it. Know some cop shoppes are falling back to 9mm trying to be more political correct to placate godless liberals. I loves my forty and I knows how to use it lol, The only 9 I would want is a little bitty one. Back in my day they were huge with boot and back poecket guns was pretty much limited to derringers and 9 mm short aka .380 ACP.
    @bigwheel I carried a 40 as police officer and my dad carried a 357 as a state trooper in the 80s. The whole idea is to stop the threat and I wonder if you're right about the nine-millimeter just being more politically correct.

With a good bullet it will expand to over a half inch or more and hit the 12-18" mark the FBI set for defensive pistols. Ammo is (or was ) pretty common and it's size and recoil make it easy to shoot for smaller hands. For a handgun 9mm is good enough.
    Slippy, Redneck and Michael_Js like this.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

I do know that ammunition has come a long ways lately. It seems like everyone is in love with the Glock 19 on all these gun forms so I figured the nine mm must have come a long way
    65mustang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshL View Post
    @bigwheel I carried a 40 as police officer and my dad carried a 357 as a state trooper in the 80s. The whole idea is to stop the threat and I wonder if you're right about the nine-millimeter just being more politically correct.
    When the .40 S&W came out in the 90's it was sold as the new wonder round. Combine that with the Glock wonder pistol and every police department had to have it. I don't think it lived up to it. Snappy to shoot and costs more per round. But....... make your own choice and practice as much as you can.
    Last edited by keith9365; 07-31-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    65mustang likes this.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

Quote Originally Posted by keith9365 View Post
    With a good bullet it will expand to over a half inch or more and hit the 12-18" mark the FBI set for defensive pistols. Ammo is (or was ) pretty common and it's size and recoil make it easy to shoot for smaller hands. For a handgun 9mm is good enough.
    @
    keith9365 good info! Thanks for the input

Maybe I can find a gunshop to trade by G27 for a G19. Why is the second generation 19 so sought after?
    Slippy and 65mustang like this.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links