Why the sudden love for 9 mm? - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why the sudden love for 9 mm?

This is a discussion on Why the sudden love for 9 mm? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; [QUOTE=hawgrider;2028395] Originally Posted by RubberDuck Yup anything that starts with a .4 Only exception to that rule is .357 magnum. I am perfectly happy with ...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree367Likes

Thread: Why the sudden love for 9 mm?

The Good Cop

[QUOTE=hawgrider;2028395]
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post

Yup anything that starts with a .4

Only exception to that rule is .357 magnum.
    I am perfectly happy with my .357's, 44 Specials, 44 Magnums, 45 ACP's and 45 Colts.

In fact, except for a 22LR/22 WMR revolver, I could get along just fine with only a 4" .357 Magnum revolver and a Colt 1911A1 45ACP.
    ALL the rest are interesting and fun to shoot, but unnecessary.

Remember - a 9MM may expand (may), but a 45 will never shrink.
    And a Remington Golden Saber .357 Magnum will reliably expand to .62" out of a 2" barrel. Very impressive. I feel very comfortable with my Taurus 605 snub .357 mag in my front pocket. Only holds 5, but since it's not a 9MM I won't need 14.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Him and Tourist had a thing so ya never know...
    Speaking of the tourist, where did Chico go?

He got tired of us I guess or is hunkering down due to the blowup in Madison.

Maybe he got a sharpening contract from the BLM to polish their knives as to cut our throats easier?
    hawgrider, stevekozak and Slippy like this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Speaking of the tourist, where did Chico go?

He got tired of us I guess or is hunkering down due to the blowup in Madison.

Maybe he got a sharpening contract from the BLM to polish their knives as to cut our throats easier?
    He flew in a few weeks ago for 1 post then flew back out over the cuckoo's nest.
    SOCOM42, Slippy, Denton and 1 others like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=stevekozak;2028423]

I'll take your word for it, but that IS information that was not in the posted video. I am not nitpicking, I am making conclusions based on the information provided.
    Google is easy
    An Indianapolis firefighter who shot his neighbor four times in the chest after a dispute over a fence acted in self-defense and will not face charges, the Johnson County Prosecutor's Office said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews...%3fid=48462520

[QUOTE=RubberDuck;2028445]
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Google is easy
    An Indianapolis firefighter who shot his neighbor four times in the chest after a dispute over a fence acted in self-defense and will not face charges, the Johnson County Prosecutor's Office said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews...%3fid=48462520
    Well, I said I would take your word for it, but since you brought it up again, nothing in your linked article or video say anything about center of mass. No new info was offered. Again, I will take your word for it, since you followed it so closely at the time, and surely saw more detailed info than you have been able to produce here.

The Good Cop

Each situation is different.
    Over a decade ago, although it still seems like yesterday, in Jacksonville, Florida a deputy was called about a shoplifting incident.

The suspect ran at the sight of the cop, the cop pursued.
    When he was about to be caught, the perp turned and opened fire with a Glock 45. The cop returned fire with his issue Glock 40 S&W.
    They both ended up rolling around in a ditch, firing at each other at contact distance.
    It was pretty intense.
    The cop survived and returned to duty, the perp dies after 3 contact shots right to the head fired by the officer.

It's ain't like the movies, or a day at the range, boys and girls.
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/2008/01...teenage-gunman
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 08-02-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

"... trying to be more political correct to placate godless liberals ..."

I have used the same phrase "Godless liberals". I don't care what religion you're from, leftists hate rules that restrict their adolescent-tantrum "lifestyle." The only reason they'll side with Muslims is because Muslim radicals scream, "Kill the Christians!" and let's face it the Left hates Christianity. I'm not dogmatic about religion, but it irks the crap out of me all this anti-Christian B.S. / evil agenda. I have a bad temper and have always hated bullies and wanna-be bullies.

"The only 9 I would want is a little bitty one." -- Bingo! I've got 9's, but they are there to save your bacon until you can get to a real weapon, like a shotgun or center-fire lever holding flat-nosed .357, .44 mag., or more power yet. Sometimes I've got a .357 revolver sitting nearby plus a couple of speed-loaders. I'm not police or ex-military, but my youth was spent on "the wrong side of the tracks". I've been 'round no shortage of men who were animal mean and drunks and felons and dopers and monsters. You cain't bring that sort of Lucifer's legion down but what you have something that will bring down a psycho black bear suffering from hemorrhoids.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 08-02-2020 at 02:01 PM.

I must say, for your 2nd Post it was much better than most peoples 2nd. It had the right amount of "crazy" with a little bit of reality and logic sprinkled in! You'll fit in well here!

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    "... trying to be more political correct to placate godless liberals ..."

I have used the same phrase "Godless liberals". I don't care what religion you're from, leftists hate rules that restrict their adolescent-tantrum "lifestyle." The only reason they'll side with Muslims is because Muslim radicals scream, "Kill the Christians!" and let's face it the Left hates Christianity. I'm not dogmatic about religion, but it irks the crap out of me all this anti-Christian B.S. / evil agenda. I have a bad temper and have always hated bullies and wanna-be bullies.

"The only 9 I would want is a little bitty one." -- Bingo! I've got 9's, but they are there to save your bacon until you can get to a real weapon, like a shotgun or center-fire lever holding flat-nosed .357, .44 mag., or more power yet. Sometimes I've got a .357 revolver sitting nearby plus a couple of speed-loaders. I'm not police or ex-military, but my youth was spent on "the wrong side of the tracks". I've been 'round no shortage of men who were animal mean and drunks and felons and dopers and monsters. You cain't bring that sort of Lucifer's legion down but what you have something that will bring down a psycho black bear suffering from hemorrhoids.
    stevekozak and hawgrider like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I must say, for your 2nd Post it was much better than most peoples 2nd. It had the right amount of "crazy" with a little bit of reality and logic sprinkled in! You'll fit in well here!

Welcome!
    I think maybe the two of you are related. Hope there wasn't any inbreeding.
    inceptor, Slippy and hawgrider like this.

[QUOTE=stevekozak;2028485]

Well, I said I would take your word for it, but since you brought it up again, nothing in your linked article or video say anything about center of mass. No new info was offered. Again, I will take your word for it, since you followed it so closely at the time, and surely saw more detailed info than you have been able to produce here.
    What part of 4 shots to the chest in that article does not translate to center mass?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links