Why the sudden love for 9 mm? - Page 12
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why the sudden love for 9 mm?

This is a discussion on Why the sudden love for 9 mm? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Nothing wrong with the 40, I have seen what it does to someone on more than one occasion. Nothing wrong with a good 9mm either....

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree367Likes

Thread: Why the sudden love for 9 mm?

Nothing wrong with the 40, I have seen what it does to someone on more than one occasion. Nothing wrong with a good 9mm either.
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    Romans 10:9 KJV
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The people I was refering to use the shot placement mantra to say they would put two in the heart (or somewhere specific) and one in the head, deliberately and on purpose. They are found on every gun/shooting forum I belong to.
    These people are not grounded in reality.
    That was my point.

My reality is I am going to try to simply hit the bastard as many times as possible as quick as I can.
    That's my intent, hit him as many times with what ever I have and as fast as I can till the son-of-a-bitch is down and out. I am no sharp shooter and have no illusions as to my marksmanship. I can hit what I am generally aiming at on the range but I am not going for a head shot. I am going for center mass or anything that presents itself. I've been in enough brawls and fights in my life to know that the best of plans goes to shit after the first swing. I am not going for style points, I fight mean and dirty, or, I used to anyway.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    That's my intent, hit him as many times with what ever I have and as fast as I can till the son-of-a-bitch is down and out. I am no sharp shooter and have no illusions as to my marksmanship. I can hit what I am generally aiming at on the range but I am not going for a head shot. I am going for center mass or anything that presents itself. I've been in enough brawls and fights in my life to know that the best of plans goes to shit after the first swing. I am not going for style points, I fight mean and dirty, or, I used to anyway.
    Old military truism - planning is essential, but no battle plan survives first contact unchanged.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Old military truism - planning is essential, but no battle plan survives first contact unchanged.
    One of the most important components is logistics, the supplies must keep up with the troops!

Not seen very often on the tube is the trucks loaded with ammo in a rear area not far from the battle zone.

There are always guys sent back and get ammo to bring it back.

I did it once, got 20 bandoleers and some grenades, I could hardly walk with it all.
    inceptor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Truth!!!
    and WISDOM!!!
    inceptor and Prepared One like this.

The Good Cop

Does anyone other than me wear a fixed blade knife in a sheath that does not need to be unfastened in order to draw?

If I empty whatever handgun I'm carrying that day, and the bad guy is close enough to smell his bad breath, and he's hit but still closing, I want a back up plan.
    And I'm too old to run.
    No time to flip a flipper, no time to reach into a pocket for an assisted opening blade. No time at all.
    RubberDuck and inceptor like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Does anyone other than me wear a fixed blade knife in a sheath that does not need to be unfastened in order to draw?

If I empty whatever handgun I'm carrying that day, and the bad guy is close enough to smell his bad breath, and he's hit but still closing, I want a back up plan.
    And I'm too old to run.
    No time to flip a flipper, no time to reach into a pocket for an assisted opening blade. No time at all.
    I recommend face biting and eye gouging.

And I'm too old to run.
    I wear a CRKT neck knife.

And I'm too old to run.
    My solution is, I carry a backup gun.

I be too old to run also.

Carrying a knife like that, say a K-Bar, concealed is illegal here, but I can carry as many handguns I want concealed.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 08-03-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    inceptor and stevekozak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
    I wear a CRKT neck knife.
    When I was a lot younger I carried a Cold Steel push blade around my neck.

Forget which one it was, but it was illegal, had two fully sharpened edges.

I think it was this one or one similar with a 4" + push blade.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--12BS-C...eel-Safe--2440Name:  cold-steel-safe-maker.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  69.5 KB
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 08-03-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    RubberDuck likes this.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links