Why the sudden love for 9 mm? - Page 10
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why the sudden love for 9 mm?

This is a discussion on Why the sudden love for 9 mm? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; [QUOTE=stevekozak;2028525] Originally Posted by RubberDuck Let me ask you a follow-up question: Do you think you could be shot anywhere on your chest that would ...

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree367Likes

Thread: Why the sudden love for 9 mm?

[QUOTE=stevekozak;2028525]
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post

Let me ask you a follow-up question: Do you think you could be shot anywhere on your chest that would not be Center of Mass? Do you understand the meanings of the words contained in the phrase? I don't mind helping you. Look at the two pictures below. Do you see any chest areas on either of them that is not considered COM? Any areas big enough to have a 9mm hole poked in it? You can pretend words don't have meanings, but they do. Now, none of that means that the old dude did not get hit COM, but I continue to assert that nothing you have presented says he did.
    I don't care where you get shot all of center mass you should not be able to get up walk to the house dial 911 wait for ambulance and live.
    Fact this was done with a 9mm at semi close range.
    Fact this means the threat was still able to be in the fight and return fire.
    Fact I do not carry 9mm
    Fact still better than stick.

[QUOTE=KUSA;2028517]
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post

All the time. I’ve got a ball gag and a latex suit waiting for you. We’ll see you live up to the name rubber duck.
    So now we know your fetish anything else you want to share?
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Fatboys will outlast skinny clean cuts when the food chain is broke. what's the last carcass you butchered up Tyson chicken? Lucky you killed it using only 9mm
    Wrong fat boy. The skinny people will catch and eat the fat f*cks. You can’t run fast enough to stay off my grill.
    hawgrider likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I agree with @Rubber Duck here. I don't care really what the reporter knows. What I do know is what I saw on the video and the statement released later. The guy is in critical condition.

Aiming COM at the range is one thing. But when the guy points a gun at you, all bets are off. The guy on the mower didn't even have the courtesy to face the other guy directly. The guy on the mower was at an angle. The firefighter did what he had to do as quickly as he could.

Adrenaline does strange things to the body as does drugs. RPD's article about the events from JAX says the perp had a Glock 45 and emptied the gun. Yet the cop lived and the perp died. Neither the perp nor the cop had the courtesy to stand still so the other could get a proper bead on the target. Such is life.
    Bingo!! We have a winner!!
    Every time I read someone talk about "shot placement" like he's going to be able to hit his opponent exactly wherever he wants, I want to scream and curse. (i do curse the computer screen, no one can hear it though).
    A gunfight is not a day at the range.
    Granted, I never saw my opponents, just their muzzle flashes, but in the midst of chaos, when that stuff goes by close enough to hear the projectiles, you experience a level of adrenaline that you never even knew existed before that moment.
    Slippy, hawgrider, Inor and 6 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I believe that the .40 S&W, the .357 Sig et al, were made to fix a problem that never existed. I carried a 9mm 92F when I entered law enforcement. I cannot count the gang related murders in which a 9mm was used to great effect, far more than any other round. My department went to .45 ACP HK USP pistols. With all that ammo and two spare mags it was insanely heavy. Since I retired I carry 9mm handguns exclusively. I worked a double murder in which a 9mm fmj traveled through an entire antebellum home with plaster walls lengthwise. In one exterior wall, through three more interior walls and out the other exterior wall. Good enough to convince me. YMMV. I'm a believer in 9mm.
    Slippy, Lisa93 and Elvis like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Wrong fat boy. The skinny people will catch and eat the fat f*cks. You can’t run fast enough to stay off my grill.
    You assume I won't be sitting on my fat ass sniping you.

I would just feed you to the dogs my grill is reserved for non soy products.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Bingo!! We have a winner!!
    Every time I read someone talk about "shot placement" like he's going to be able to hit his opponent exactly wherever he wants, I want to scream and curse. (i do curse the computer screen, no one can hear it though).
    A gunfight is not a day at the range.
    Granted, I never saw my opponents, just their muzzle flashes, but in the midst of chaos, when that stuff goes by close enough to hear the projectiles, you experience a level of adrenaline that you never even knew existed before that moment.
    So you are saying shot placement isn't possible? Now I've never shot anyone and don't doubt the impact of adrenaline, but what is the option? I am lead to believe constant practice with a controllable gun/ammo will help when you face such a situation. I believe muscle memory will play a roll in shot placement. On my range, I always drill for a snap shot, where I bring the gun up and fire without aiming. My goal is to simply hit the silhouette torso... multiple times.

Also I think it a huge leap to say all folks in such a situation will freak out. Many folks slow down & get calm during stressful times. I have experienced extreme stress several times and find in each situation, I stayed calm. Most stressful moment of my life was on an alert, in a Minuteman III launch control center. It was back around 1980 and the SAC computers though we were under attack. Now when on alert, we rarely received actual messages. Most were tests and designed to keep the Soviets guessing. But one night, while my commander was asleep, an actual message came thru. When decoded, it had us break seals, insert launch keys and wait for the next message. Only time I'd ever inserted keys was in a simulator/trainer. That was a big, damn deal. The most stress I've ever felt was sitting there, waiting for the next message. Since we had inserted keys, I assumed the next message would be to launch... and end the world. So the next message comes in, and once decoded, it backed us down. Granted, with seals busted & keys out, the entire missile force was on a different schedule, as at that point, both officers had to stay awake until teams could be sent out from Minot AFB with new seals. Took many hours.

Point was, my training took over and I performed as trained. Each month, when not on alert out in the missile field, we spent a lot of time in the simulators fighting all sorts of wars and handling security & maintenance issues. Was I stressed during this real event? To the max. But muscle memory set in and I performed as expected. My hope is, if faced with an intruder, I will calm down & perform as trained.
    Last edited by Redneck; 08-02-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    Slippy likes this.

The 9mm was adopted by the U.S. military primarily to be the same as other NATO countries. NATO agreed to calibers such as 9mm, 5.56 and 7.62x51 so that ammo could be shared. Same with U.S. M1A1 tank main guns being 120mm to be the same as other NATO countries. The 120mm on the Abrahams is actually a German made smoothbore.
    I like 9mm and I like .40. I carry both, but also own and carry .357, .380 and 45 on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    You assume I won't be sitting on my fat ass sniping you.

I would just feed you to the dogs my grill is reserved for non soy products.
    No, you’re too fat to even get in the prone position. I’d see you from a mile away sitting on your porch. The great thing about your fat *ss is you are already pork flavored. A dash of salt and you are lip smacking good.
    hawgrider, Denton, Slippy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    No, you’re too fat to even get in the prone position. I’d see you from a mile away sitting on your porch. The great thing about your fat *ss is you are already pork flavored. A dash of salt and you are lip smacking good.
    Man, am I ever glad you don't live near me.
    Denton, KUSA and Slippy like this.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links