Spent the evening with my Blackhawks..
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Spent the evening with my Blackhawks.. within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; A couple girls from the office came out to the house this evening for dinner.. Neither had ever fired a gun before..but know im a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Spent the evening with my Blackhawks..

A couple girls from the office came out to the house this evening for dinner.. Neither had ever fired a gun before..but know im a gun nut, and CC, so while sitting out back the conversation turned to that stuff.. We went to the safe..and i said "pick one, and lets go shoot it" They picked my stainless 357 Blackhawk, and my old 3 screw 41 Mag, on loan (hopefully permanently...lol) from my Dad. And had a great time ..mostly shooting 38s out of the 357.. They want to come out next weekend and shoot some more. Maybe have some future shooting buddies...

Super Moderator

Lisa, I think you’ve changed some lives for the good!
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The 41 Magnum is so underrated. It never quite caught on due to the popularity of the 357 and 44 Mags, but what a great round it is.
    Lisa93, bigwheel and Denton like this.
    Romans 10:9 KJV
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa93 View Post
    A couple girls from the office came out to the house this evening for dinner.. Neither had ever fired a gun before..but know im a gun nut, and CC, so while sitting out back the conversation turned to that stuff.. We went to the safe..and i said "pick one, and lets go shoot it" They picked my stainless 357 Blackhawk, and my old 3 screw 41 Mag, on loan (hopefully permanently...lol) from my Dad. And had a great time ..mostly shooting 38s out of the 357.. They want to come out next weekend and shoot some more. Maybe have some future shooting buddies...
    This is the best way to help preserve the second amendment! Get more people to approve and support it it. You did us all a service Lisa.
    Denton and Lisa93 like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by NewRiverGeorge View Post
    The 41 Magnum is so underrated. It never quite caught on due to the popularity of the 357 and 44 Mags, but what a great round it is.
    Thats true..and can be hard to find..usually i have to get it online. One reason i like it..besides being a cool old Ruger..is the 41 was John Wesley Hardin's caliber of choice. And im a Wild West history nerd. I like to read about the people, towns, and guns of that era..

Next you need to get them hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    First you need to get me hunting...lol
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Nowadays, I get no thrill in hunting. So now I just shoot on my home range and enjoy doing so immensely.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Nowadays, I get no thrill in hunting. So now I just shoot on my home range and enjoy doing so immensely.
    I hunt for three reasons now: 1) Varmints doing damage, 2) Food, 3) firearms practice. If I can hit a chipmunk/squirrel I can hit a woodchuck in the head. If I can hit a woodchuck a deer is easy. There is also the elements of stealth, stalking, tracking, and general fun being in the woods.
    Slippy, hawgrider and Lisa93 like this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    If you were hunting for thrill then you were hunting for the wrong reasons. I hunt for food and the reward and thrill is nobody touches the meat except God and me.
    Inor, Slippy, Mad Trapper and 1 others like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links