Glock 43 VS 43x
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Glock 43 VS 43x

This is a discussion on Glock 43 VS 43x within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Has anyone handled both? Pros and cons? Differences? Reliability? *As someone with very large hands for a woman reviews seem to point me at the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Glock 43 VS 43x

  1. #1
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1

    Glock 43 VS 43x

    Has anyone handled both? Pros and cons? Differences? Reliability?

    *As someone with very large hands for a woman reviews seem to point me at the 43x*
    Denton and Annie like this.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,457
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowRayne View Post
    Has anyone handled both? Pros and cons? Differences? Reliability?

    *As someone with very large hands for a woman reviews seem to point me at the 43x*
    Well, I can’t say. Not a Glock guy. That said, I bought a 34 from a friend and it’s now my SHTF sidearm.
    Slippy and bigwheel like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  3. #3
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    S/W Ohio
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Well, I can’t say. Not a Glock guy. That said, I bought a 34 from a friend and it’s now my SHTF sidearm.
    I have never been able to make friends with them..i think it's the grip angle. Plus im not a big fan of striker guns. I have a SW SD40 that i won at a fast15 shoot out (Glock clone)..Im not a trigger snob..but its horrible.
    Slippy, Denton and bigwheel like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,335
    I’ve owned the 42 and 43. My friend has a 43X, so I’ve shot them all. I am very accurate with these guns and the 43 is my EDC due to it’s small size and easily concealed. The 43X is a nice gun but I just prefer the 43 because of size. I also carry one reload due to the limited magazine capacity.

    Lots of folks dump on Glocks for various reasons. That’s fine. But they are high quality guns, reasonably priced, and they reliably eat most any ammo you feed them. Unfortunately, they are just plain “butt-ugly”!
    Slippy, Michael_Js, Denton and 2 others like this.

  6. #5
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    19,837
    Both Sons are Glock owners and love them. Son1 has the 43 and Son2 has the 43X

    Both seem to be very solid, accurate and a fine choice for a carry defense weapon.

    While I don't own a Glock, I sure like the 17 and 19X.

    PS if you don't like the Glock trigger check out the CMC Glock Aftermarket trigger. I've got a CMC in a semi-auto rifle and its wonderful.

    https://www.cmctriggers.com/triggers...ck-trigger-20/
    Last edited by Slippy; 07-03-2020 at 05:18 AM.
    Denton likes this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    19,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa93 View Post
    I have never been able to make friends with them..i think it's the grip angle. Plus im not a big fan of striker guns. I have a SW SD40 that i won at a fast15 shoot out (Glock clone)..Im not a trigger snob..but its horrible.
    There are a number of after market triggers that will fit the Smith&Wesson SD's.
    Lisa93 and Denton like this.

  8. #7
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Great Plains
    Posts
    539
    I had the Glock 43 for a bit, but the damn thing would slide bite me about 2 times per mag. Tried out the 43X hoping it would be better but it was actually worse. I determined that little Glocks are clearly made for people with dainty hands. I am not saying they are the official gun of small framed women and soy-boys everywhere, but if the size small hand fits... A few of my peers with larger hands had the same experience.

    Glock and I have a long sordid love-hate relationship. When they were cheaper and better than the competition I recommended them all the time. But now that they have turned into Apple, overpriced with a new version of the same gun every 3 months, and other companies are producing equal or even better products; I think there are better options out there.

    But you really need to go the store, handle them, rent and shoot them, and decide for yourself. Guns are very subjective.
    0rocky and bigwheel like this.

  9. #8
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    S/W Ohio
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    There are a number of after market triggers that will fit the Smith&Wesson SD's.
    Thank you..i know, just dont care for striker fired pistols. I know all the modern tupperware guns are made that way..so limits my choices. But my EDC is a P95 9mm that i just love. It was my race gun for a while..and the gun i have the most trigger time on. and has proven itseld rock solid reliable...so i guess im good.. But u know how us gun nuts are..look around one day and wonder..why in the h... do i have so many guns...lol. You can see my old P90 45 in my album. I keep it around i think because its a hammer gun. Its a beast..but a cadillac of a range gun..
    Slippy, Denton and Inor like this.

  10. #9
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    8,459
    I carry the 43x daily. On me right now, in fact.

    I had a 19 prior to this one. It was awesome. Good compromise between the full-size and compact. Turned out it was stolen and sold to me at a gun show, so I no longer own it.
    When looking for a replacement, the 43x was just coming out. It had everything I loved about my 19, but in a thinner frame!
    Well... everything except magazine capacity.
    10 rounds? Are you serious? Did your engineers even bother to notice the P365 Sig released a few months back? Need to step your game up guys...
    No thanks, I'll try to find another 19.

    *Shield Arms has entered the discussion*

    "We've got you fam."
    Introducing the S15 steel-bodied magazine that fits perfectly flush in the 43x and 48, and offers 15 rounds of freedom seed capacity!

    I was sold.
    After placing my pre-order, I bought the 43x the next weekend.
    To say that it fits my hand well is like saying water is just a little wet. I've never had a handgun with a more perfect grip size for my hand. Mind you, I'm a 6' 250lb dude, but my hands are slender. Folks like my Marine buddy who have sausage fingers might find it doesn't fit as well. Find one and hold it. If it fits you, you'll know immediately.
    bigwheel likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

  11. #10
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    I had the Glock 43 for a bit, but the damn thing would slide bite me about 2 times per mag. Tried out the 43X hoping it would be better but it was actually worse. I determined that little Glocks are clearly made for people with dainty hands. I am not saying they are the official gun of small framed women and soy-boys everywhere, but if the size small hand fits... A few of my peers with larger hands had the same experience.

    Glock and I have a long sordid love-hate relationship. When they were cheaper and better than the competition I recommended them all the time. But now that they have turned into Apple, overpriced with a new version of the same gun every 3 months, and other companies are producing equal or even better products; I think there are better options out there.

    But you really need to go the store, handle them, rent and shoot them, and decide for yourself. Guns are very subjective.
    My husband has normally sized man hands and he loves his Glocks.

    To the original poster...he says if you have bigger hands, you're definitely going to want the 43x. He likes the triggers on his Glocks. Don't worry about aftermarket triggers until you've had one for a while and just don't like the feel.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top