What Are You Carrying Today? - Page 9
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Are You Carrying Today?

This is a discussion on What Are You Carrying Today? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I carry an officers model 1911 in 45 ACP, which I made from an 80% receiver....

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: What Are You Carrying Today?

I carry an officers model 1911 in 45 ACP, which I made from an 80% receiver.
    It is an evil society that blames the tool for the actions of its user.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    I carry an officers model 1911 in 45 ACP, which I made from an 80% receiver.
    I have often thought about carrying my Colt Commander 45 ACP. In a simple leather OWB rig such as I had made for my J-Frame snub.
    Being left handed, it is very hard to buy quality gear right off the shelf.

I have to admit, nothing increases confidence as much as having a 1911A1 in 45 ACP handy.
    Especially in these troubled times.
    inceptor, Slippy and dsdmmat like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Banned

My Ruger 1911. Don't leave home without it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vera Hara View Post
    My Ruger 1911. Don't leave home without it!
    I thought you said in the Chinese corona thread you did not leave home? I am confused.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I thought you said in the Chinese corona thread you did not leave home? I am confused.
    "I've limited myself to doing one weekly errand run and that takes about 90-minutes total."

Which implies that I do an errand run (getting all my essentials) done once a week.

Do you assume that is the only time I leave my house? Ha.

Just stay on topic, bud.

"I've limited myself to doing one weekly errand run and that takes about 90-minutes total."

Which implies that I do an errand run (getting all my essentials) done once a week.

Do you assume that is the only time I leave my house? Ha.

Just stay on topic, bud.
    You said it. I am just trying to figure out the meaning of what you said.

Usually, when someone says they "limit themselves to one weekly errand run" it means they are home the rest of the time. If that is not the case, it changes the whole meaning of the other conversation (which could be construed to have an effect on this conversation as well). Just sayin'...
    Denton and A Watchman like this.

Banned

The occurrence and time-frame was given in reference to a specific task: running errands. An errand by nature is a short journey to collect something, in this case essential items, like toilet paper and New York Strip steak. Nowhere does that imply I don't leave my house otherwise, whether for work, going out camping, fishing, hiking, etc.

The occurrence and time-frame was given in reference to a specific task: running errands. An errand by nature is a short journey to collect something, in this case essential items, like toilet paper and New York Strip steak. Nowhere does that imply I don't leave my house otherwise, whether for work, going out camping, fishing, hiking, etc.
    So you are out running around hither and yon spreading the virus like some kind of Typhoid Mary?

What size hat do you wear? I will send you a gen-u-ine Inor corona mask. They are made from real stuff from China so they should be immune to the virus by now.
    Denton and Michael_Js like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    So you are out running around hither and yon spreading the virus like some kind of Typhoid Mary?
    Absolutely not.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I have often thought about carrying my Colt Commander 45 ACP. In a simple leather OWB rig such as I had made for my J-Frame snub.
    Being left handed, it is very hard to buy quality gear right off the shelf.

I have to admit, nothing increases confidence as much as having a 1911A1 in 45 ACP handy.
    Especially in these troubled times.
    I still carry my Taurus 709 Slim. That’s not the only thing in the car, though.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links