2020 Colt Python
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2020 Colt Python

This is a discussion on 2020 Colt Python within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Finally got around to shooting mine today, fortunatly mine has not had any issues so far although I only got 30 rounds through her during ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: 2020 Colt Python

2020 Colt Python

Finally got around to shooting mine today, fortunatly mine has not had any issues so far although I only got 30 rounds through her during a break today. Pretty nice shooting revolver. Anyone planning to pick one up?
    Sasquatch, RedLion and patrioteer like this.

As stated in the other thread, I bought the king cobra. I have problems with arthritis so I can’t handle heavy recoil. I shoot 38 loads in the gun and it is very accurate and easy to control. Recoil is not bad at all. Quality is outstanding. BUT! I may have to get out the credit card and get a python too. Pay it off over a few months. The older pythons are “big bucks”.
    Snake_doctor and RedLion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    As stated in the other thread, I bought the king cobra. I have problems with arthritis so I can’t handle heavy recoil. I shoot 38 loads in the gun and it is very accurate and easy to control. Recoil is not bad at all. Quality is outstanding. BUT! I may have to get out the credit card and get a python too. Pay it off over a few months. The older pythons are “big bucks”.
    the six inches of steel in front of the cylinder do help with the recoil, I shot 18 38's through it and the recoil is not that noticeable, it does kick more with 357 of course but it is manageable. I used to have a old python on permit back in Belgium (they never became ridiculously expensive there because of a tv show that admittingly also turned me onto them) it's pretty much the same gun but with amazingly a better trigger, very smooth with a crisp break, the double action is very nice especially and in single action it a very hot bangswitch. I just wish i hadnt sold the gunbelt and holster I had for my old one along with my old python before we moved to the USA. All in all i'm happy to have a snake gun once again without having to have shelled out big big bucks, only downside it doesnt have a nickel finish but that doesnt affect it's performance.
    Last edited by Snake_doctor; 02-04-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    Chiefster23 and Slippy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Has anyone been having problem with Winchester white box 38 lately?

It's causing the new python to lock up cases seem to either be slightly off dimensions or the cylinder of the python is a little too tight, will test the affected ammo in a S&W when i find the time.
    Who dares, wins. 1st Para BN 1946 - 2010

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake_doctor View Post

It's causing the new python to lock up cases seem to either be slightly off dimensions or the cylinder of the python is a little too tight, will test the affected ammo in a S&W when i find the time.
    I run lots of it through my blackhawk never ever had issues.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

It didn’t seem to bother my king cobra.
    Snake_doctor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_doctor View Post

The lock up is happening with all kinds of ammo . No one brand
    hawgrider and Snake_doctor like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

The Good Cop

I'm a revolver guy, but at my age and stage the gun buying days are in the past.
    I would really like one of the new Colts, but in order to do that I would have to sell a gun, or two, and I don't want to part with any I have.

I have two Colt revolvers, both Police Positive Specials. A nickle plated 32-20 made in 1921, and a blue 38 Special made in 1972.
    In fact, the 38 stays in a drawer within arms reach of my recliner, ready for immediate use.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

This may explain things, with out a lot of nonsense

Last edited by Smitty901; 02-09-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    Snake_doctor likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Thanks guys, I can also confirm that I found a little time after class today to shoot the rounds that caused the lockup flawlessly through my model 60. The python is gonna go back to Colt. Really dissapointed. Thanks for the replies.
    Who dares, wins. 1st Para BN 1946 - 2010

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links