2020 Colt Python - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2020 Colt Python

This is a discussion on 2020 Colt Python within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy Uberti makes most of the handguns used in Cowboy Action Shooting, and they are used hard. They are well ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: 2020 Colt Python

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Uberti makes most of the handguns used in Cowboy Action Shooting, and they are used hard. They are well made and can handle hard use.
    Taylor, and Cimmaron are two of the big names that are actually manufactured in Italy by Uberti.
    The other big Italian manufacturer of SAA's is Pietta. They are also good, solid guns.

I speak from experience, two Uberti's and one Pietta. The Uberti's are a 4.75" 357 magnum, and a beautiful 5.5" 45 Colt that is a deep rich blue with color case hardened frame. Absolutely gorgeous.
    My Pietta is a plain blue 7.5" in 45 Colt. About as Old School as one can get.

Here's a stock photo of the Ubertis I have http://www.uberti-usa.com/1873-singl...eman-revolvers
    Uberti makes rifles, too.

Here is Pietta's website F.A.P. di PIETTA Giuseppe & C. S.n.c. - Breachloadinguns - SAA 1873

Both Uberti and Pietta guns are made to Colt specifications, which means SAAMI standard ammo only. No "hot" loads. If you want hot, get a Ruger. If you want original, get one of the Colt clones.
    I love Rugers, I've got a number of their SA's in various calibers, but in my eye laying a Ruger next to a Uberti is like parking a Mack truck next to a Ferrari.

As far as belts, my daily wear belts are what most would consider a "gun belt". Handmade by Hawthorne Leather in South Carolina, they are very thick and heavy - about 1/8" thick. They cost about $40 each, and even though I have had them last over 15 years, I buy one each October when he comes to the craft fair at the Okefenokee Swamp Festival in Folkston, Georgia. They take about two weeks of wear before they will loosen up enough to easily circle around my waist.
    At the moment, I've got 4 good ones and one that has finally been downgraded to "wrenching on trucks" use.

EDITED TO ADD: I just went and measured the last Hawthorne belt I bought - it is more than 3/16" and bumping a full 1/4" thick. It is NOT a "store" belt.
    Well I have a ruger vaquero that covers my need for a SAA. But I find an increasing attraction to the old Remington wheelguns and would like to pick up replicas of the Remington model 1858 new army and the Remington model 1875 and was wondering about the Uberti brand since I have no experience with them. As far as loads aint gonna be shooting any hot stuff anyway.
    Thanks RPD
    Who dares, wins. 1st Para BN 1946 - 2010

Update regarding the pythons, I had heard about the sideplates being a little loose causing those issues. This video is all the info I really have right now.
    I do know my piece arrived at Colt from the shipper but that is it, no info otherwise from colt themselves. So hopefully I will be updated by them. I really think that the assemblers must not have tightened the sideplates to the correct rating if what colt says is true or they are using it as a excuse potentially cause something went wrong on some guns machining wise.
    Who dares, wins. 1st Para BN 1946 - 2010

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_doctor View Post
    Update regarding the pythons, I had heard about the sideplates being a little loose causing those issues. This video is all the info I really have right now.
    I do know my piece arrived at Colt from the shipper but that is it, no info otherwise from colt themselves. So hopefully I will be updated by them. I really think that the assemblers must not have tightened the sideplates to the correct rating if what colt says is true or they are using it as a excuse potentially cause something went wrong on some guns machining wise.
    I read about the side plate issue somewhere, so it’s not just Colt.
    Do you subscribe to American Handgunner magazine? If you are a serious hand gunner you might find it interesting. Unlike Guns and Ammo, which is ALL new plastic fantastic tacticool crap, AH is well balanced between new and old.
    Their sister mag, Guns, is the same blend of new and classic.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_doctor View Post
    Thanks Snake Doctor!

I have enjoyed you being part of this forum! Appreciate your participation and keep on keepin' on!

(PS if you know a guy where me and Mrs Slippy could pick up a couple of Belgian Malinois trained killing machines, please let me know! Been looking for a bona fide guard dog for years!)

The Good Cop

$30,000 for a trained guard dog, or adoption fee for a animal shelter bull Dog?
    Hmmmm, let me think about that.

OK, I’ve thought about it, and as a life long Po’ Boy I’ll take the rescue pit bull.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Thanks Snake Doctor!

I have enjoyed you being part of this forum! Appreciate your participation and keep on keepin' on!

(PS if you know a guy where me and Mrs Slippy could pick up a couple of Belgian Malinois trained killing machines, please let me know! Been looking for a bona fide guard dog for years!)
    I worked several of them. You’d better have a lot of time and energy to spare if you want that breed.
    Slippy and Snake_doctor like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Thanks Snake Doctor!

I worked several of them. You’d better have a lot of time and energy to spare if you want that breed.
    Slippy and Snake_doctor like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Aren't you nice!

You said it twice!

(Slippy thinks @Denton might have a case of the "old timer's disease!

I say that Slippy thinks that @Denton might have a case of the "old timer's disease")

Super Moderator

Aren't you nice!

You said it twice!

(Slippy thinks @Denton might have a case of the "old timer's disease!

I say that Slippy thinks that @Denton might have a case of the "old timer's disease")

My stupid phone’s fault.

My stupid phone’s fault.
    Slippy likes this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    $30,000 for a trained guard dog, or adoption fee for a animal shelter bull Dog?
    Hmmmm, let me think about that.

OK, I’ve thought about it, and as a life long Po’ Boy I’ll take the rescue pit bull.
    $30 LARGE for a mutt!?!?!? Foiled again!

Seriously, there are adoption programs for retired police and military dogs!
    Snake_doctor likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links