2020 Colt Python - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2020 Colt Python

This is a discussion on 2020 Colt Python within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Very nice!...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: 2020 Colt Python

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Very nice!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Very nice!
    Stole it. Man won it at a raffle he was a prohibited person. Offered it up cash only right then and there sold the ticket no the Gun. I had $100 cash in pocket wife had $150 for $250 it was mine. I beat out a man with $225 in hand
    Last edited by Smitty901; 02-15-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Stole it. Man won it at a raffle he was a prohibited person. Offered it up cash only right then and there sold the ticket no the Gun. I had $100 cash in pocket wife had $150 for $250 it was mine. I beat out a man with $225 in hand
    Holy moley you sure did! Timing is everything. She's a beauty.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    My pre 2005 45 colt Ruger . Loaned it to my son in law . Him and some friends were having a range day and none of them ever fired a 45 colt or seen one. They have now . It came back yesterday
    Very nice! I have always wanted a Vaquero. An original model like yours that can handle stout loads. The New Vaquero is smaller and lighter for the Cowboy Action Shooting crowd - they shoot light loads anyhow.
    My Ruger 45 is a Blackhawk Convertible. It has two cylinders - one for 45 Colt and one for 45 ACP.
    I shoot mainly ACP in it due to cost for 45 Colt.
    But right now it is in my T-shirt drawer loaded with Corbon 200 grain JHP +P 45 Colt. It will take care of anything up to and including a black bear. When it's a matter of life or death, there is no such thing as too small a caliber.
    Slippy, Smitty901 and Snake_doctor like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Very nice! I have always wanted a Vaquero. An original model like yours that can handle stout loads. The New Vaquero is smaller and lighter for the Cowboy Action Shooting crowd - they shoot light loads anyhow.
    My Ruger 45 is a Blackhawk Convertible. It has two cylinders - one for 45 Colt and one for 45 ACP.
    I shoot mainly ACP in it due to cost for 45 Colt.
    But right now it is in my T-shirt drawer loaded with Corbon 200 grain JHP +P 45 Colt. It will take care of anything up to and including a black bear. When it's a matter of life or death, there is no such thing as too small a caliber.
    Yes that model will take crazy reloads. I do shot it often . Have a fair supply of 230 gr lead for it. The 45 Colt is a round some never knew about and others have forgotten. Those that shot it that day did not believe it was the same diameter as a 410 shot gun round. No idea what that model is worth on the market , don't care it stays . I think second son has claimed that one when I am gone.
    Another one they fell for that days was the 6 inch 357. The easy and ranges they were shooting it surprised a few of them. Had that SS 357 so long I do not remember the exact year I purchased it.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Next to the 45 Colt, the 357 magnum is my favorite round.
    And in a single action, it is hard to beat. My 1959 Ruger Flat Top Blackhawk has a 6.5" barrel and is a sweet shooter.
    Also have a Uberti made Colt SAA clone with a 4.75" barrel - this is my favorite woods walking gun.

One of my pocket carries is a Taurus 605, and older model when they were beautifully finished in a deep glossy blue.
    In the truck console is a Taurus 65, a 4" six shot. I would love to conceal carry this, but two things prevent it. (1) I'm an Old Soldier and an untucked shirt disturbs me, and (2) I have no butt and my jeans slide down even without 3+ pounds of gun on the belt.

The absolute Holy Grail for me would be a S&W 1950's Target Model in 44 Special. And another N Frame in 45 Colt from the same era.
    But then, they'd set me back over a grand apiece, so they are just dreams.
    You can carry with a tucked shirt. and have you ever gotten a gun belt? the thicker stiffer leather really helps. Most white men dont have butts anyway. As former military I do understand an untucked shirt disturbing you, it was never allowed during my time and still isnt allowed in Belgium. There were those that thought they could get away with it though they always got a reprimand and never tried it again.

I daily CC a SIG P226 myself as my primary with a p225 as back up, though I will often carry just a snub nose revolver when we go to events that require me to be dressed nicely.
    Slippy likes this.
    Who dares, wins. 1st Para BN 1946 - 2010

Since some of y'all are into old west style revolvers what's the general opinion on Uberti wheelguns? Or if you know better replicas of the late 1800's Remington wheelguns that would be great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_doctor View Post
    Since some of y'all are into old west style revolvers what's the general opinion on Uberti wheelguns? Or if you know better replicas of the late 1800's Remington wheelguns that would be great too.
    Wheel guns are real guns!

RPD is the Uberti expert here. I imagine he will be along shortly.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_doctor View Post
    Uberti makes most of the handguns used in Cowboy Action Shooting, and they are used hard. They are well made and can handle hard use.
    Taylor, and Cimmaron are two of the big names that are actually manufactured in Italy by Uberti.
    The other big Italian manufacturer of SAA's is Pietta. They are also good, solid guns.

I speak from experience, two Uberti's and one Pietta. The Uberti's are a 4.75" 357 magnum, and a beautiful 5.5" 45 Colt that is a deep rich blue with color case hardened frame. Absolutely gorgeous.
    My Pietta is a plain blue 7.5" in 45 Colt. About as Old School as one can get.

Here's a stock photo of the Ubertis I have http://www.uberti-usa.com/1873-singl...eman-revolvers
    Uberti makes rifles, too.

Here is Pietta's website F.A.P. di PIETTA Giuseppe & C. S.n.c. - Breachloadinguns - SAA 1873

Both Uberti and Pietta guns are made to Colt specifications, which means SAAMI standard ammo only. No "hot" loads. If you want hot, get a Ruger. If you want original, get one of the Colt clones.
    I love Rugers, I've got a number of their SA's in various calibers, but in my eye laying a Ruger next to a Uberti is like parking a Mack truck next to a Ferrari.

As far as belts, my daily wear belts are what most would consider a "gun belt". Handmade by Hawthorne Leather in South Carolina, they are very thick and heavy - about 1/8" thick. They cost about $40 each, and even though I have had them last over 15 years, I buy one each October when he comes to the craft fair at the Okefenokee Swamp Festival in Folkston, Georgia. They take about two weeks of wear before they will loosen up enough to easily circle around my waist.
    At the moment, I've got 4 good ones and one that has finally been downgraded to "wrenching on trucks" use.

EDITED TO ADD: I just went and measured the last Hawthorne belt I bought - it is more than 3/16" and bumping a full 1/4" thick. It is NOT a "store" belt.
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 02-16-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Uberti makes most of the handguns used in Cowboy Action Shooting, and they are used hard. They are well made and can handle hard use.
    Taylor, and Cimmaron are two of the big names that are actually manufactured in Italy by Uberti.
    The other big Italian manufacturer of SAA's is Pietta. They are also good, solid guns.

I speak from experience, two Uberti's and one Pietta. The Uberti's are a 4.75" 357 magnum, and a beautiful 5.5" 45 Colt that is a deep rich blue with color case hardened frame. Absolutely gorgeous.
    My Pietta is a plain blue 7.5" in 45 Colt. About as Old School as one can get.

Here's a stock photo of the Ubertis I have http://www.uberti-usa.com/1873-singl...eman-revolvers
    Uberti makes rifles, too.

Here is Pietta's website F.A.P. di PIETTA Giuseppe & C. S.n.c. - Breachloadinguns - SAA 1873

Both Uberti and Pietta guns are made to Colt specifications, which means SAAMI standard ammo only. No "hot" loads. If you want hot, get a Ruger. If you want original, get one of the Colt clones.
    I love Rugers, I've got a number of their SA's in various calibers, but in my eye laying a Ruger next to a Uberti is like parking a Mack truck next to a Ferrari.

As far as belts, my daily wear belts are what most would consider a "gun belt". Handmade by Hawthorne Leather in South Carolina, they are very thick and heavy - about 1/8" thick. They cost about $40 each, and even though I have had them last over 15 years, I buy one each October when he comes to the craft fair at the Okefenokee Swamp Festival in Folkston, Georgia. They take about two weeks of wear before they will loosen up enough to easily circle around my waist.
    At the moment, I've got 4 good ones and one that has finally been downgraded to "wrenching on trucks" use.

EDITED TO ADD: I just went and measured the last Hawthorne belt I bought - it is more than 3/16" and bumping a full 1/4" thick. It is NOT a "store" belt.
    Well I have a ruger vaquero that covers my need for a SAA. But I find an increasing attraction to the old Remington wheelguns and would like to pick up replicas of the Remington model 1858 new army and the Remington model 1875 and was wondering about the Uberti brand since I have no experience with them. As far as loads aint gonna be shooting any hot stuff anyway.
    Thanks RPD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links