2020 Colt Python - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2020 Colt Python

This is a discussion on 2020 Colt Python within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy I'm a revolver guy, but at my age and stage the gun buying days are in the past. I ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: 2020 Colt Python

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I'm a revolver guy, but at my age and stage the gun buying days are in the past.
    I would really like one of the new Colts, but in order to do that I would have to sell a gun, or two, and I don't want to part with any I have.

I have two Colt revolvers, both Police Positive Specials. A nickle plated 32-20 made in 1921, and a blue 38 Special made in 1972.
    In fact, the 38 stays in a drawer within arms reach of my recliner, ready for immediate use.
    I've been wanting to get a 38 PPS turned into a replica Fitz special, great revolvers regardless.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Who dares, wins. 1st Para BN 1946 - 2010

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_doctor View Post
    I've been wanting to get a 38 PPS turned into a replica Fitz special, great revolvers regardless.
    Now, I WOULD sell a gun or two if I could find a Detective Special in 38 Special. My life would then be complete.
    I haven't seen one for sale around here since around 2005, and the price then was $600.
    Snake_doctor likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Guys, I have a problem. Everyday I find myself more and more attracted to the .357 to the point of of considering spending the money to get a non budget full size and a non budget carry gun.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I, myself, have been chompin at the bit ever since I heard rumor that the python was coming back!! But I decided to hold off on buying 1 until I was sure colt had it right... I hate having to return a gun for repairs and I have read a lot of them are having trouble with the cylinder locking up after a few rounds
    Snake_doctor likes this.

Keep this thread updated with the customer service experience sucks you you have to send it in. I have really been looking at the new colts but haven't justified the purchase price for the name yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Snake_doctor likes this.

A good 357 in 6 inch is something everyone should have in the vault. Should the need arise they work very well for hunting any breast 4 or 2 legs. and having the ability to fire 38/357 gives you a lot of options.
    Face it 30% of the python cost is Hype because it is a colt. It is sad that the issues came up with them for those that were willing to pay the cost for one. I am sure Colt will find out what is causing it and fix it. Moat that purchased them main goal was to flip them for a bit profit.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 02-10-2020 at 02:50 AM.
    Snake_doctor likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    A good 357 in 6 inch is something everyone should have in the vault. Should the need arise they work very well for hunting any breast 4 or 2 legs. and having the ability to fire 38/357 gives you a lot of options.
    Face it 30% of the python cost is Hype because it is a colt. It is sad that the issues came up with them for those that were willing to pay the cost for one. I am sure Colt will find out what is causing it and fix it. Moat that purchased them main goal was to flip them for a bit profit.
    I have to be honest aside from the issues it has it is a very nicely shooting piece, I'd even go as far as shooting better out of the box than the original python I used to have, but I cannot justify the premium price the old ones demand here in the USA in my native Belgium they cost between 1250 - 1750 bucks for a really nice one. Of course that is mainly due to shooting being a niche sport over there. A reasonable 6 inch 357 is on the market however for those looking for one for the exact points you mentioned, the S&W 686. I wanted the new python because I wanted a python in the safe again and couldnt justify the cost of a old one with the misses. Yeah Colt will get around to it and hopefully fix it well enough cause I'd like to nickel plate her.

Will keep y'all updated, probably wont get her out of the door before the end of the week though.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickman04 View Post
    I, myself, have been chompin at the bit ever since I heard rumor that the python was coming back!! But I decided to hold off on buying 1 until I was sure colt had it right... I hate having to return a gun for repairs and I have read a lot of them are having trouble with the cylinder locking up after a few rounds
    I think the cylinder is too tightly machined it shoots fine until you have a cartridge in there that is just at the max tolerance specification and then it cant rotate the cylinder because of it using just the trigger or hammer, it does rotate if you assist it. Hate having to return a gun for repairs as well. They also seem to have a few general QC problems though mine fortunately doesn't have any nicks. Colt really does have a long uphill battle after their fall due to them no longer suckling off that enormous never ending money gushing teat of the federal government.

Got her shipped yesterday, probably will take a couple of weeks for an update.
    Smitty901 and hawgrider like this.

The Good Cop

Next to the 45 Colt, the 357 magnum is my favorite round.
    And in a single action, it is hard to beat. My 1959 Ruger Flat Top Blackhawk has a 6.5" barrel and is a sweet shooter.
    Also have a Uberti made Colt SAA clone with a 4.75" barrel - this is my favorite woods walking gun.

One of my pocket carries is a Taurus 605, and older model when they were beautifully finished in a deep glossy blue.
    In the truck console is a Taurus 65, a 4" six shot. I would love to conceal carry this, but two things prevent it. (1) I'm an Old Soldier and an untucked shirt disturbs me, and (2) I have no butt and my jeans slide down even without 3+ pounds of gun on the belt.

The absolute Holy Grail for me would be a S&W 1950's Target Model in 44 Special. And another N Frame in 45 Colt from the same era.
    But then, they'd set me back over a grand apiece, so they are just dreams.
    hawgrider and Snake_doctor like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links