.380 for concealed carry? - Page 5

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

.380 for concealed carry?

This is a discussion on .380 for concealed carry? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by KUSA That’s true so aim for the face and be done with it. I tend to carry the 380 in warmer weather ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: .380 for concealed carry?

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    That’s true so aim for the face and be done with it.

I tend to carry the 380 in warmer weather and my 9mm (124gr) in cold weather. It’s harder to conceal the 9 with a t shirt but a jacket does a nice job.
    Or carry FMJ in the winter and don't narrow the kill zone to a head shot.
    RubberDuck and SOCOM42 like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Or carry FMJ in the winter and don't narrow the kill zone to a head shot.
    Not 380 but, My mags are loaded with Black Talon HP's and Truncated cone FMJ metal piercing rounds, alternating them.

The one in the pipe is a HP then an AP following.

This practice follows suite in all the other 9 MM guns and my Revolvers,

neither the 38 special, .357 Mag or the 9 MM AP rounds are on the market anymore.

The 44 Mag and 41 Mag with JHP's will do the job as is quite well.

One of them is going to do the job.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 02-03-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    hawgrider likes this.

Wife carries one at work...Bodygaurd 380 with 90 grain pd rounds like RPD carries. She hires...fires pure idiots that only work for low pay because they were on Heroin/meth or actually are on Heroin /Meth. If she has to pull she knows to empty the gun in the attacker...If he falls reload....if he don't fall throw the empty gun at his face and run ! Damn shame her boss isn't man enough to do that job and he's in the same office and he don't allow guns in the building. The great thing is if she goes home they have to shut the place down...Everything halts if she ain't there! I refuse to take her to work if she don't conceal carry and she wont go herself if she don't have her gun!
    Smitty901 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I also carry in an ankle holster, but I keep my LCP way up on my left calf. Carry all the time, even if I am not supposed too.
    Like stated, If i die, I loose my job anyway..
    Need more guns, and training.
    Missed a training class with the local retired sheriff, that is my 11 year olds karate instructor. That wont happen again.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

A .380 is definitely sufficient, however like any weapon you must be proficient with it. Choose a good defensive round and do put em through the pistol to make sure it cycles well. Regardless of if it will be a pistol you'll carry year round during the summer as they are easier to conceal, or during special events train regularly with it when you go to the range. Any firearm that is in your carry rotation should be trained with regularly.

With the advent of so many sub compact 9mm pistols I quit carrying the Walther PPK/S. Great gun but I now consider my Shield 9mm or my wife's Kahr CW-9 to be the smallest fighting gun size out there. If I still carried a .380 I would just run FMJ. I think that would perform plenty fine. Maybe +P if you can run it.
    hawgrider likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by csi-tech View Post
    With the advent of so many sub compact 9mm pistols I quit carrying the Walther PPK/S. Great gun but I now consider my Shield 9mm or my wife's Kahr CW-9 to be the smallest fighting gun size out there. If I still carried a .380 I would just run FMJ. I think that would perform plenty fine. Maybe +P if you can run it.
    This ^^^
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Thanks for all the replies. Lots of good info here.
    Think I will continue carrying the glock 43 and keep the .380 in the truck for backup.
    If I am in an area that I dont feel is safe then I will slip the .380 in my pocket for backup.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links