Handgun Defensive Training; Drills from Basic to Advanced - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Handgun Defensive Training; Drills from Basic to Advanced

This is a discussion on Handgun Defensive Training; Drills from Basic to Advanced within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Unless you wear “tactical “ gear everywhere you go, practice without it on. In fact, unless you are an “operator “ in a combat zone, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Handgun Defensive Training; Drills from Basic to Advanced

The Good Cop

Unless you wear “tactical “ gear everywhere you go, practice without it on.
    In fact, unless you are an “operator “ in a combat zone, keep it in the closet at home all the time.
    Same goes for “tactical” slings on a rifle. A common, two point sling is an effective shooting aid and when picking the rifle up your support elbow should have the muscle memory to assume what is called the combat sling in a fraction of a second.
    Slippy likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I have always shot better when closing my left eye. Learning how to zero in on the target quickly without closing my left eye has been a bit of a challenge.
    Slippy, wallyLOZ and RedLion like this.

I missed a class at my daughters Karate Dojo, on handgun retention and defense. I wont miss another one. Oh, its taught by a forty year Trainer that teaches at Gunsite or whatever its called, he is a retired sheriff, and is a AWESOME guy.
    Slippy and Crunch like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

All good advice. I'll add a drill that I use called the 5X5 drill.

5 shots
    from 5 yards
    in a 5 inch target
    in 5 seconds
    repeat 5 times

After you become proficient from a low ready position, try it with your EDC as you would normally carry. Haven't had a lot of success with that one yet. YMMV
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swrock View Post
    I have always shot better when closing my left eye. Learning how to zero in on the target quickly without closing my left eye has been a bit of a challenge.
    I am pretty much that way, but red dots have changed things for me. I shoot red dots with two eyes open. I took to bucks this year shooting my vepr 12 shotgun with a vortex red dot on it. First buck I shot on the trot and destroyed his heart and second one, I put 3 rounds in him on the run and croaked him.
    Slippy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links