"Best" Enhanced Trigger for a Glock?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on "Best" Enhanced Trigger for a Glock? within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; I do not own a Glock ( ) but both my Sons are bona-fide Glock owners. They keep adding to their stable of Glocks and ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 3 Post By SOCOM42
  • 2 Post By Chiefster23
  • 1 Post By SDF880
  • 2 Post By Chiefster23
  • 1 Post By Camel923

Thread: "Best" Enhanced Trigger for a Glock?

I do not own a Glock () but both my Sons are bona-fide Glock owners. They keep adding to their stable of Glocks and every now and again, I get the urge to shoot them when they are visiting and dang nabbit, I'm beginning to really like those thangs!

Son1 recently outfitted his Glock 17 with a Trijcon RMR and after shooting it, I am pleased to say I really like it! Except for the trigger. It feels gritty to me and a bit long in the pull. But shooting from the "Re-Set" is very pleasant but not always the easiest thing to do consistently.

I have gotten quite used to a much lighter and smoother trigger like the ones that you have on a mid to high end 1911. Sub 5# smooth triggers.

Any suggestions on adding a high quality lightweight trigger to the Glock?
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I do not own a Glock () but both my Sons are bona-fide Glock owners. They keep adding to their stable of Glocks and every now and again, I get the urge to shoot them when they are visiting and dang nabbit, I'm beginning to really like those thangs!

Son1 recently outfitted his Glock 17 with a Trijcon RMR and after shooting it, I am pleased to say I really like it! Except for the trigger. It feels gritty to me and a bit long in the pull. But shooting from the "Re-Set" is very pleasant but not always the easiest thing to do consistently.

I have gotten quite used to a much lighter and smoother trigger like the ones that you have on a mid to high end 1911. Sub 5# smooth triggers.

Any suggestions on adding a high quality lightweight trigger to the Glock?
    My husband loves his Glocks straight out of the box. I've fired them many times and never noticed the issues you mentioned, so I'm surprised you're not satisfied.

My opinion, not worth much though is,

Enhancing the Glock trigger also ups the possibility of an AD.

You can by drop in kits for them to improve them, I will not install any on customer guns if they want them.

I don't carry mine because of the danger and along with that no thumb safety.

I personally know of two AD's while holstering them, both LEO's.

Just my opinion.
    Slippy, Smitty901 and Camel923 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Try glocktriggers.com. I have their products in all my glocks. They use 100% stock glock parts and then polish and tweak. Several models to choose from depending on your needs. Since they are using factory parts you will not wind up with a super duper custom trigger feel. But you will get a 100% reliable gun with a much improved trigger feel.
    Slippy and Camel923 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    My husband loves his Glocks straight out of the box. I've fired them many times and never noticed the issues you mentioned, so I'm surprised you're not satisfied.
    Nothing against Glocks, but allow me to help you understand this;

Back in high school, I had a Chevrolet Cheyenne Work Model 2 Door Long Bed Pick Up Truck! I was proud of that truck and thought it was the best thing ever! It had a big gas guzzling engine and a big slow geared down rear end made for work not speed and I thought that truck was the best high performance vehicle EVER! It had 2 doors, window cranks, vinyl seats, 3 on the tree, AM radio and a wore out muffler/tail pipe! And it got the job done on all accounts! I thought I'd gone to Vehicle Heaven and won the damn lottery!

A few years later, my old man (not a wealthy man at all) retired and had saved his money and decided to get rid of all of his old beater cars and buy his last and best car! Ol' Dad served in the Army in Germany Post WW2 early 1950's and always admired the Mercedes Benz SL Series...so the old man buys one.

Well he lets me drive it and all of a sudden my Chevy Cheyenne Work Truck isn't all that "Hi-Performance" or cool anymore!

Not that I am used to nothing but the "mercedes sl of guns" but I do have some very nice mid to upper level 1911's with triggers that are fine as wine! Hope this helps!

Check out this place I have purchased from them at times and no problems!

https://www.glockstore.com/
    Slippy likes this.

It is possible to get a much improved glock trigger. But I don’t think you will ever get one to match a custom 1911 trigger. Two entirely different animals.
    Slippy and Camel923 like this.

Best trigger i have used was on a Les Baurer 1911. Just the difference between single action and striker triggers. One can be modified much more than the other to be smooth and crisp. Practicality wise up close and personal it may not matter so much. On the range, a great trigger tightens those groups. Just my opinion but I would consider what @SOCOM42 has to say. ADs do happen.
    Slippy likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Sponsored Links