The Ruger 57
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Ruger 57

This is a discussion on The Ruger 57 within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Ruger has released the 57 a 5.7X28 semi auto. And at half the price of the other one on the market. Word is street price ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The Ruger 57

The Ruger 57

Ruger has released the 57 a 5.7X28 semi auto. And at half the price of the other one on the market. Word is street price will be abut $650. I am not one for what I consider odd ball calibers . This sounds interesting. The price reflects the weapon ability to be adapted to your needs. 10 or 20 depending on your state.

https://ruger.com/micros/57/
    bigwheel likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Ruger will screw you on the cost of extra magazines, though.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    What?
    Slippy likes this.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

That's fine with me.
    I want a magazine that will feed 100% every time, all the time, in any of my Ruger's that have magazines.
    And only Ruger mags seem to be up to the task.
    Smitty901 and Slippy like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

This thread should focus on the caliber more than pennies. There was a time some said the 5.7X28 would replace the 9mm. That did not happen. The 5.7X28 is a rifle round also . That opens up more options. Like the hand gun the rifles are priced a bit high.
    Slippy likes this.

I will be very interested to try one. Hopefully my LGS will get one shortly...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Ruger has released the 57 a 5.7X28 semi auto. And at half the price of the other one on the market. Word is street price will be abut $650. I am not one for what I consider odd ball calibers . This sounds interesting. The price reflects the weapon ability to be adapted to your needs. 10 or 20 depending on your state.

https://ruger.com/micros/57/
    Had to do some research on that. Thanks for the link. Was sorta picking up the odor of one of them old cop killing guns/rounds from Fn. Read up enough to see this gun has a shorter barrell and dont get to moving as fast as the other. Whew.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by soyer38301 View Post
    I will be very interested to try one. Hopefully my LGS will get one shortly...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    The 5.7x28 failed as a NATO rifle round and it was rejected as a Hand gun round. As a rifle round it just did not have the range. As a hand gun round with the right ammo it defeated body armor well. In an Ar platform it is a fast short range caliber.
    I could see it in the right hands shooting some impressive ranges in a hand gun. The price reflects prediction of lighter sales . If it catches on the price will come down some.
    Another thing Ruger go right is the double stack . They get it done without making the weapon thick. "Steel magazine provides double stack capacity without unnecessary bulk."
    Last edited by Smitty901; 01-05-2020 at 03:18 PM.

I get a kick out of folks who complain about the cost of magazines for their semi-autos. So I usually say something like; "I'm sure your (fill in the blank firearm) will operate flawlessly with NO MAGAZINES"!

I treat magazines like I do ammo, I buy them regularly. I rarely shop price (but I don't typically over pay) but I use the COST AVERAGING PHILOSOPHY. Bottom line, I want to make sure I have magazines to operate my semi autos when I need them.

On my 1911's, except for the factory mags that came with the guns, I will buy Wilson Combat exclusively.

If I buy a Ruger "whatever" and Ruger only makes the mags, I will buy them happily.

As far as wasting money...she-it! I can think of thousands of other things that I have wasted money on!
    Last edited by Slippy; 01-05-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I get a kick out of folks who complain about the cost of magazines for their semi-autos. So I usually say something like; "I'm sure your (fill in the blank firearm) will operate flawlessly with NO MAGAZINES"!

I treat magazines like I do ammo, I buy them regularly. I rarely shop price (but I don't typically over pay) but I use the COST AVERAGING PHILOSOPHY. Bottom line, I want to make sure I have magazines to operate my semi autos when I need them.

On my 1911's, except for the factory mags that came with the guns, I will buy Wilson Combat exclusively.

If I buy a Ruger "whatever" and Ruger only makes the mags, I will buy them happily.

As far as wasting money...she-it! I can think of thousands of other things that I have wasted money on!
    I didn't say it was wasting money. Magazines for my Sig are even more expensive.
    Slippy and rice paddy daddy like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links