The Ruger 57 - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Ruger 57

This is a discussion on The Ruger 57 within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Originally Posted by Slippy The FN 5.7 is an interesting firearm/caliber. to my knowledge, FN still is the only manufacturer of 5.7x28 rounds. I used ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The Ruger 57

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    The FN 5.7 is an interesting firearm/caliber. to my knowledge, FN still is the only manufacturer of 5.7x28 rounds. I used to think I would like one, but after seeing and handling a few, I am not that impressed.

However, I would like to handle and shoot the Ruger 5.7 and see what it feels like.

Federal has 5.7x28 range ammo and Speer just jumped in with a Gold Dot 5.7x28 round.

I would be interested in trying out Ruger's pistol, but man I would really like to have a PS90.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - James Mattis Hidden Content

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I get a kick out of folks who complain about the cost of magazines for their semi-autos. So I usually say something like; "I'm sure your (fill in the blank firearm) will operate flawlessly with NO MAGAZINES"!

I treat magazines like I do ammo, I buy them regularly. I rarely shop price (but I don't typically over pay) but I use the COST AVERAGING PHILOSOPHY. Bottom line, I want to make sure I have magazines to operate my semi autos when I need them.

On my 1911's, except for the factory mags that came with the guns, I will buy Wilson Combat exclusively.

If I buy a Ruger "whatever" and Ruger only makes the mags, I will buy them happily.

As far as wasting money...she-it! I can think of thousands of other things that I have wasted money on!

Well the Magpul factory is only 20 minutes away, and they make good things.

You are correct on the Wilson Combat's for the 1911 they function flawlessly.
    Slippy likes this.

The prices on 5.7X28 ammo has been going down . It is far from a common caliber yet and will likely never be. It really has never had a new on the scene super start moment . My interest is different and I can see very accurate short range 50-100 yards fast and effective engagements with it . The low recoil will play well for some. It will do nothng we can't do already with out calibers . And some of them will do much more. Always fun to have some thing when the subject of what it the most out of main stream you ever purchased.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Curious how long it takes them to put out the PC57
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    Curious how long it takes them to put out the PC57
    It is out. Price is high right now street price likely to be around $650
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links