Keltec pmr 30

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Keltec pmr 30

This is a discussion on Keltec pmr 30 within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Anybody have any experience with this pistol? Curious to see how they hold up....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Keltec pmr 30

Keltec pmr 30

Anybody have any experience with this pistol? Curious to see how they hold up.
    RedLion likes this.

Very disappointed in the one I had. No accuracy and totally unreliable. However it was when they first came years ago. Maybe things are better now?? Made a killing buying and selling during the last panic after the major failure. So was very happy with the pistol. Would I ever buy another one, HECK NO.

The Good Cop

I have heard negative things about Keltec.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Only shot one once at the range. We probably ran 90 plus rounds and found it to be very accurate up to 50 yards and a nice reliable little fire breathing dragon of a firearm.

The owner of the PMR30 tells me he still loves the gun and would buy it again.

I own two different Kel-Tec's. Neither of them are that model. Bothe of mine are awesome. (RDB and Sub-2000)
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

Shot one a couple of years ago. Friend brought a brand new one to a campout but left his ammo on the kitchen table. I had 2 boxes of CCI in the truck which we proceeded to expend. Accurate , fun little pistol but LOUD . had to change out foam ear plugs for ear muffs.
    I have a Keltec RDB which has run several thousand rounds with no problems. Shoots 55 and 62 grain federal into 4 to 6 inch groups, not good. Tried Magtech 77grain SMK and bingo MOA groups all day long as long as I do my part.

I own one. You need to stick to either running CCI or Hornady ammo, but otherwise mine has worked reliably and accurate. All the other ammo makes that I have run lead to stoppages, especially Armscor ammo.
    SDF880 likes this.

It seems like lots of you have had good results. My concern (since we're Preppers and things have to last) has anyone fired enough rounds beyond the initial break-in period.

I have a Kimber 3-inch 1911 and I cannot even imagine how many rounds went through that pistol. The frames rails are still snug and the orignal factory tool marks still show on these rails.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Double post.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    It seems like lots of you have had good results. My concern (since we're Preppers and things have to last) has anyone fired enough rounds beyond the initial break-in period.

I have a Kimber 3-inch 1911 and I cannot even imagine how many rounds went through that pistol. The frames rails are still snug and the orignal factory tool marks still show on these rails.
    I like my PMR30, but would not rely on it being a primary defense weapon.
    Last edited by RedLion; 10-16-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links