Womens' Survival Stories
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Womens' Survival Stories

This is a discussion on Womens' Survival Stories within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; Although not often seen in the news, many women have stories of using or possessing a gun in their self defense. Women who found themselves ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Womens' Survival Stories

Super Moderator

Womens' Survival Stories

Although not often seen in the news, many women have stories of using or possessing a gun in their self defense. Women who found themselves in very scary, life threatening situations and lived to share their stories.....
    Below are some stories to share with any ladies who perhaps wouldn't want a gun because it's dangerous or maybe feels she doesn't need it. But in dangerous situations, lives really have been saved simply by being prepared--with a gun.

https://thewellarmedwoman.com/tag/survival-stories/
    “Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape.” Planet of the Apes, 1968

Super Moderator

Very good article.

Being the "weaker sex," I can't imagine a woman not carrying so that she could live to tell the tale.
    Annie likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Very good article.

Being the "weaker sex," I can't imagine a woman not carrying so that she could live to tell the tale.
    Yeah, you just never know when your path is gonna cross with some crackhead or somebody who's off his crazy meds. And, I think it's a lot rarer, but it could be someone who's just plain evil crossing your path.

The school shooters have many young people scared of guns. It's up to the older generation to re-educate them about the importance of gun ownership.Green Lily and Jem were 'talking' about it here. Is there a national "Take your kid to the range" month? Maybe there should be. The ranges could give out discounts for young people. Maybe offer some classes in gun ownership, safety, state laws...Before you know it, these kid'll be voting. It's in our best interest to help them see the positive side to owning firearms.
    Chipper, Denton and Prepared One like this.
    “Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape.” Planet of the Apes, 1968

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Some folks say the most dangerous place in the world is between a Mama Bear and her cubs. It may be so. I’ve never met a Mama Bear, myself.

The most dangerous place I ever stood was between a cornered cat and an open door.

When a cat feels threatened, she gets away from the danger as quickly as she can. She doesn’t care what damage she inflicts on her way to safety, but she’s not interested in fighting for fighting’s sake. She does only as much as she needs to do in order to escape. She doesn’t deal in revenge. If she feels threatened, she simply leaves. Efficiently.

Until she needs to use them, her claws stay sheathed. She doesn’t go around threatening to maul people. She’s cuddly, she’s cozy, she likes to curl up next to a crackling fire on a cold winter’s day. She’s great company. But don’t try to trap her in a bad situation.

This site is about women and guns, not about cats. But in a way, it’s about the cornered cat in all of us. It’s about the determination to get away from an attacker if you need to. It’s about making the decision to say, “Not me. Not mine. Not today.” And it’s about the tools to make that decision stick.

Corneredcat.com

[The site may not open in Brave depending on your privacy settings.]
    Annie, Slippy, A Watchman and 1 others like this.

Michael_Js likes this.

Unless she is pissed off at me, I am all for women having guns.
    paulag1955 and tuffy_chick_13 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Women are far more unlikely to use a gun . But when they do someone is going to die.
    tuffy_chick_13 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Ivy

No personal survival story here... However, hubby and I have made it a priority in our routine for BOTH of us to carry. We have 3 precious babies, a canine, and of course each other to protect. I'll tell you what though, I feel 1000% better when I carry, even to the grocery store. We are rarely apart, but when we are, we treat everyday like its "shtf" day. Never more than a mile away from each other.

I look forward to conversations with women about EDC. It is so important to protect yourselves and your loved ones. It might be intimidating for some but in the end, it will be so worth it! And I always emphasize that "end times" "shtf" "TEOTWAWKI" etc is closer than we think and 99.9999999% if not 100% if the population will look at females as weak and vulnerable easy targets. I of course dont wish horrible things on anyone, but having a gun and common knowledge of self defense, you increase your chances of survival. Its time for ladies to start taking this stuff seriously! Hubby and I used to know a 3%er whose wife carried a 380 around but didnt know how to use it and was more worried about breaking a nail. Come on!
    Annie likes this.

I talked to my wife about a gun for her, then she'd said she'd most likely just use it on me..... That was about 20 years ago....yep....best $500 I never spent.

The Good Cop

My wife belongs to the local chapter of The Well Armed Woman.
    Prepared One and Annie like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links