Most firepower in side arm.

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Most firepower in side arm. within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; A gun is only good if you have it on you at all times. While in a shtf situation your ar or ak or whatever ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Most firepower in side arm.

A gun is only good if you have it on you at all times. While in a shtf situation your ar or ak or whatever is preferable. But what if your hands are full if you got slipped up on or you need something concealable. I know a sig rattler in 300 blk is probably technically it.

But is there anything in a hand gun form thats more of a equalizer than the glock 40 mos with red dot. I can put rounds on a man size target with mine at close to 200 yards it’s pretty amazing. When i think about it.

Ive killed a doe at 59yds a hog from a tree stand. And although close don’t count. At 130yds i hit so close to a coyote the dirt blew up all over the dog and it jumped and yelped.

Oh and I’ve shot probably as much 40 s&w out of mine as 10mm without barrel change or a hiccup. So its a dual caliber gun without a doubt
    RedLion likes this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboyeehaw View Post
    A gun is only good if you have it on you at all times. While in a shtf situation your ar or ak or whatever is preferable. But what if your hands are full if you got slipped up on or you need something concealable. I know a sig rattler in 300 blk is probably technically it.

But is there anything in a hand gun form thats more of a equalizer than the glock 40 mos with red dot. I can put rounds on a man size target with mine at close to 200 yards it’s pretty amazing. When i think about it.

Ive killed a doe at 59yds a hog from a tree stand. And although close don’t count. At 130yds i hit so close to a coyote the dirt blew up all over the dog and it jumped and yelped.

Oh and I’ve shot probably as much 40 s&w out of mine as 10mm without barrel change or a hiccup. So its a dual caliber gun without a doubt
    What? Huh? Somebody was hitting the sauce too hard at 2:23 am
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Nope think you pretty much nailed it. For the price, size and round count it's hard to beat the 10mm Glocks. Especially with a 30 round stick mag.

Just sold of the last of my 45acp ammo, brass, mags and M&P 45 last night. Going 10mm only. Wife even shoots them no problem so don't whine about recoil. Plus I reload so ammo isn't an issue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Nope think you pretty much nailed it. For the price, size and round count it's hard to beat the 10mm Glocks. Especially with a 30 round stick mag.

Just sold of the last of my 45acp ammo, brass, mags and M&P 45 last night. Going 10mm only. Wife even shoots them no problem so don't whine about recoil. Plus I reload so ammo isn't an issue.
    And when you run out of 10mm you will wish you could go to the local hardware to fetch some .45 acp.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    And when you run out of 10mm you will wish you could go to the local hardware to fetch some .45 acp.
    Nope your 100% wrong on this one. Haven't bought a box of ammo from a store in over 10 years, except 22lr.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Nope your 100% wrong on this one. Haven't bought a box of ammo from a store in over 10 years, except 22lr.
    Well I doubt that.

Unless you have a pole barn full and you never shoot ... at some point you will need to get some hard to find 10mm.

I'll stick with my get anywhere .45 ACP
    Michael_Js and RubberDuck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Well I doubt that.

Unless you have a pole barn full and you never shoot ... at some point you will need to get some hard to find 10mm.

I'll stick with my get anywhere .45 ACP
    It's called being prepared. Cause when the SHTF a store is the last place I plan on going. Especially one that has guns and ammo.

Starline brass and Hornady are more then wiling to sell you brass and bullets in bulk.
    Last edited by Chipper; 07-24-2019 at 05:53 AM.

The OP mentions shooting .40SW out of his 10mm barrel. Good idea or bad idea?

(I must admit that for educational purposes I have shot a .40SW out of a .45ACP barrel and it blows the brass casing up pretty good but accuracy at 10 yards is still OK...but I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE SHOOTING A ROUND THROUGH A FIREARM THAT IS NOT STAMPED ON THE BARREL OR RECEIVER)
    Smitty901 likes this.

Wouldn't think shooting 40SW out of a semi auto would work. As the 40 would slide forward in the longer chamber of the 10mm. Thus not being hit by the firing pin. Being both rounds index on the case mouth not the case rim like a 38 or 357.

Now a revolver with moon clip, no problem.
    Slippy likes this.

Well if you plan to hunt coyote of Deer at longer ranges 357 revolver will take deer at 75 yards if you have the skills. It will take out man at any range you can hit them.. Without a special hand gun designed for long range you are not hitting anything at 200 yards period. In the right weapon and the right hands the 300 Whisper has punched paper at 300 yards. There is nothing special about a glock just another firearm a good one not a great one.
    The 300blk is a toy many that assembled them soon tried to sell them off after figuring that out. For most shooters the 223/5.56 or a 308 will out shot their skills by a long ways. Focus on what can be done not make believe.
    The most flexibility hand gun at one time was the 357 revolver it fires 357 and 38. But that has faded some as more people have gone to semi auto. Some hand guns do convert to other calibers with a slide and barrel swap.
    Good luck if you don't hit game over.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links