Joined the Revolver Club Today - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Joined the Revolver Club Today

This is a discussion on Joined the Revolver Club Today within the Pistols and Revolvers forums, part of the HandGuns, Pistols and Revolvers, Long Rifles, Shotguns, SKS, AK, AR category; https://www.luckygunner.com/357-mag-...hi-1000-rounds I've been running these Fiocchi lately through my GP100. I shoot what I carry for the most part....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Joined the Revolver Club Today

https://www.luckygunner.com/357-mag-...hi-1000-rounds

I've been running these Fiocchi lately through my GP100. I shoot what I carry for the most part.
    NotTooProudToHide likes this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    Been doing ammo research today. We're going full blown .357, I would have bought a .38 if I wanted to shoot .38! I think I'm going to start her out with a couple boxes of 158 grain .357 monarch from Academy. It's got some decent reviews and seems like its on the hot end without going too crazy like buffalo bore although, from what I've read Buffalo Bore is perfectly safe to use in this revolver. Can't wait to test it out!
    The Buffalo Bore website has notes for each of its offerings, including what guns that particular load is safe in.
    Read your info direct from the source, instead of an internet chat board.
    https://www.buffalobore.com/
    NotTooProudToHide likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The Buffalo Bore website has notes for each of its offerings, including what guns that particular load is safe in.
    Read your info direct from the source, instead of an internet chat board.
    https://www.buffalobore.com/
    That actually was the first place I looked. The info they had was kind of snarky, "Its safe to shoot out of all steel frame .357's that can handle regular .357 ammo. Please stop asking us if its safe to use in your gun." They did state that they didn't recommend its use in super light allow guns because of a jump crimping issue. Afterwords I checked EAA's website, the .38's do have an alloy frame while the .357's have an all steel frame. In fact they state that the .38's can't be sold in states that have a melt point laws, the .357's can. In fact the 2 inch version of the .357 made Californa's certified handgun roster.

***EDIT***

Appreciate the information and advice from all of you that have real world experience with the caliber/platform. It's been extremely helpful. For a while now I've been looking to get a more powerful handgun (10mm, .357, .44mag) and your posts on these topics where helpful in finding a heading.
    Last edited by NotTooProudToHide; 01-13-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Hot Nursey jouned the club today shooting her first wheel gun and I finally got to shoot my new GP100. I believe her exact quote after shooting it for the first time was "ohhhh, I like that gun".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    StratMaster and bigwheel like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

10-4 on the Hot Nursey.
    Sasquatch likes this.

I don't know if you guys can tell if I'm excited or not.....

Just picked up a couple boxes of monarch .357 from Academy today. Holster arrives tomorrow. Too bad my work week starts back up tomorrow

Anyways what I've learned so far.

#1 .357 is significantly more expensive than 9mm and .40
    #2 .357 is significantly more powerful than .40 and 9mm on paper.

Can't wait to get it in the field and test it out live!

The Good Cop

If I could only have one hand gun, it would be a .357 Magnum double action revolver.

After years with various 357’s, I took the plunge and bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Magnum.
    It’s not a concealed carry gun by any stretch of the imagination, but there is a sense of ease and comfort that comes when you know that the gun you are holding in your hand can put down almost anything in the Lower 48.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    I don't know if you guys can tell if I'm excited or not.....

Just picked up a couple boxes of monarch .357 from Academy today. Holster arrives tomorrow. Too bad my work week starts back up tomorrow

Anyways what I've learned so far.

#1 .357 is significantly more expensive than 9mm and .40
    #2 .357 is significantly more powerful than .40 and 9mm on paper.

Can't wait to get it in the field and test it out live!
    I have been able to find pretty good deals on .357 ammo here and there both looking locally and on ammoseek.com. Most recently was getting Gold Dot 125grn HP ammo on close out from a local gun shop for $10 a box of 20. Bought the last 7 boxes that they had and the ammo shoots accurately enough out of my Taurus 605.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    https://www.luckygunner.com/357-mag-...hi-1000-rounds

I've been running these Fiocchi lately through my GP100. I shoot what I carry for the most part.
    I got Monarch which was on sale at Academy. Basically its relabeled Private Partizan, even the rounds say PPU at the top.

Funny how they stretch the balistic's table to make it sound hotter. The box said 1600 FPS and 800ftp, I looked at their site and it was out of a 10 inch barrel. By my calculations this should be roughly mid 1300 ish with 550ish ftp. Still blows premium 9mm/.40 loads out of the water.

Dirty Harry cant be wrong.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links