Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Threatening texts..

4K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  KUSA 
#1 ·
Put this in personal protection because it seemed right....
Tonight I received 4 texts, to my phone from a number local to where I LIVE, but not to my phone number. They contained pictures of creepy clowns, with captions like "I'll be under your bed tonight " and "see you soon"......

Needles to say I'm concerned, had a buddy run their number, sent them their name, address and a ID photo...
What else should I do?

#2 ·
#3 ·
not advisable but you could text them back and say "welcome to my funhouse!"
sasquatch is right there are a lot of idiots pranking because of the movie "IT" I don't understand the application cause it is all fantasy and going around scaring people is kind of 3rd grade-ish in my opinion.

#5 ·
As a current LEO, we get things like this all the time. Started last year with the supposed killer clown gangs and it is being revitalized by the movie IT this year. The one thing I have found in all of these cases is that if you respond to them in any way whatsoever, it shows them that they are getting a reaction and they will continue. Honestly, the smartest thing you can do is ignore it unless they reveal some of your own private information that they are showing they have, such as your address or pictures of your house, in which case law enforcement needs to be called immediately.

#8 ·
id talk with a lawyer seeing how you now have the needed info on who done it.just to see what she/he says about it..chances are you can do nothing about it,as of yet..but yet.you do have the needed evidence if you can.but then again you do have their address.so you might take 2 or 3 officers with you as witnesses.and have a talk with them..in which you let them know,that you will file legal charges against them,if it should happen again..

#16 ·
Right?? The first pic I sent was the sight picture on my XDS... followed by the info my LEO bud turned up... ol boy had the advantage though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.