which bug out bag to choose?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on which bug out bag to choose? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; What do you guys use for a bug out bag? I have been thinking of investing in an ALICE Pack but am not sure yet....

What do you guys use for a bug out bag? I have been thinking of investing in an ALICE Pack but am not sure yet.

I have an ALICE pack for each family member. Perhaps the newer bags are better but the ALICE system works pretty well. Plus with the shelf you can transport heavier items with more ease. Say a couple of ammo cans on the frame as opposed to hand holding over rough terrain. A number of comments have been made on this forum about how uncomfortable the frames are with the ALICE packs.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Alice packs are good and sturdy. You can lash a lot of extra stuff on them

I have 3 different toploader packs in incremental sizes. I take which one depending on needs. All are quality suspension/harness and can be overloaded. Small one is a Lowe Alpine, med is a Jandd, big one is an old USA Dana Design Terraplane.

Don't forget large external frame packs. I have a big one and that is ideal for things you haul that won't fit inside a pack, like animal 1/4s.

Get a good waterproof cover that fits what you are using.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Look at used backpacks on line or within a local camping group. Get some gear and go camping with them so you can have some fun and learn how to read a map compass, condition the body.

Military gear is heavy and often over rated.
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

Sponsored Links