Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Stalker..

4K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Survalich77 
#1 ·
I have a...friend. Who has a guy who has been watching her for a year or so, showing up outside they house, staring at them and writing stuff down.
I thought they(friend) were full of beans, until I spent the night with them the other day and saw said stalker. Mid 30s, Hispanic, "company" shirt. Claims an electrical Co. that I can't find...
Ideas? Mine involved dry ice and plastic sheets..

Reactions: Joe and Slippy
#2 ·
When we lived in SF we joined a neighborhood watch and a young lady came in telling us of another woman who was convinced she was her soul mate and was stalking her. The girl wasn't gay and didn't solicit or warrant the attention. We saw her standing on the street watching the girls house on a few occasions. Myself and a neighbor called the girl a week later and confirmed the woman in the street was her. So we approached, told her we were friends with the girl she liked and that it needed to end. She passed a profanity back and walked away. I managed to see her get into a cat a block away and snapped an iPhone photo I could blow up. Got a license and ran the registration and got a name. Facebook confirmed it was her. I wanted to stop there but she didn't get the memo. I was compelled to call her boss and let them know of their problem, anonymously emailed her family and told them she needed help. Never saw her again.

#13 ·
Whether someone has faith in the police or not is a moot point.

If something happens and the judge asks...did you call the police and the answer is no....guess who's going to jail?

Call the police on a cell phone so you have a record of when the call was made. Keep notes of when the person was there...what time, etc, etc.

You have no idea who this person is.

Are they possibly mentally retarded...

Are they on meds....

Could be any one of a dozen reasons the person is there. None of those reasons make it okay for him being there but may give some insight into the situation.

My point is this....just because he's there doesn't mean you automatically go after him with a baseball bat or....gun.

Call the police and let them figure it out.

My two cents.

Reactions: RJAMES
#14 ·
Better safe than sorry. No one wants to look back at this moment in time and say, "If only I'd done more to stop him." I'd call the police and have a friendly chat with a visible sidearm.

We have issues here. It took police involvement to simmer things down. Well, and a court order. For under $200, you can get a 4 channel wireless security camera system on Amazon. Another $70 and you've got continuous 30 day recording on all 4 cameras. Completely worth the investment. Make sure they're set up visible - the point is to avoid an issue, not so much record it (although that too, if it comes down to it).

#15 ·
My wife is/was a liberal school teacher. When the CCW provision came out in our state, she was reluctant to use a firearm. BTW, the spate of shootings in Madison changed her opinion, and now she carries a Smith stuffed with Critical Defense rounds and a reload.

However, I first got her a flashlight that also had a taser in the +4 million range. Even the crackle it made showing my friends made them jump backwards.

Most commonly, a guy hit with a taser never, ever forgets the pain, the fear and the total leg wetting experience. Even sneaking up behind them and going "bzzzzz" will bring them to their knees.

I suggest the woman get one of these. If the stalker makes a move at her--or foolishly grabs her--I recommend she hit him for a or five times with the taser.

I guess the PTSD is horrid. But then he'll be a ward of some state hospital and at that point and no longer her concern...

#16 ·
I saw a guy watching a neighbor years ago when I lived in Indianapolis. He said he a was a detective but never showed a badge despite being asked for it and did not have a card if he was a private detective as he then claimed. I do think he was a private detective but if he wanted cooperation went about it all wrong. He tried to tell me I could not tell the woman he was following as he was working a case. Told me not to call police . I told him he was going to get a case of whip ass if he hung out on my street like he was doing . I was going to and did report him to police , let the woman know , took pictures of him and his vehicle.

Woman was a strange one but deserved to be left alone in my book. I can believe he was a private investigator as some rich guys wife was likely interested in if her husband had been to see her. I assume she was an entertainer as a large limo picked her up every night around 7 pm and and brought her home very early in the morning around 4 to 5 am. She worked out and tanned a lot , spent a lot of time taking care of nails and hair from the looks of it. Never noticed any visitors and never saw her go anywhere or come out the house other than to go to work, lay out and tan or go jogging with me.

#18 ·
Thanks for the responses folks, we have pictures of him, and his vehicle, and keep a log of sightings including his clothes. He has worn a work shirt more than once, and we've looked into that.
As for the police.... that was, of course, or first thought once we decided he was not an immediate threat, however, friends mom has a rich, medicated, self medicated ex...who is ALSO a slimy criminal lawyer.. or would be well within reason to suspect our **** friend is involved with the lawyer, who has been actively trying to ruin the moms life for a while, including driving around the town she lives in, and threatening to find her and burn her house..
We have contacted the police about him, and gotten zero help, and believe that lawyers family(old Florida money) may get a pass.

#24 ·
So, the tick looks neat, BUT it requires a phone, enabled with one app out of a family of apps enabled, to work. The app is called "one key" anyone have that?

#25 ·
Laws vary from state to state, but,

private dicks usually notify the local PD of their presence and provide them with their ID and surveillance location.

I had several come in over time while I was duty officer in charge.

Now the laws on stalking do vary, however, I this turd is consistently appearing at the location, a call to the PD is in order.

Making the event a matter of record and if returns can be charged with stalking after a loitering charge.

Should the turd need an injection of 150 GR @ 2,700 FPS, the defense groundwork will have been established.

Two nights ago a domestic violator was shot and killed by the cops a town over from me,

after pulling an Airsoft pistol out and pointing it at them after a high speed chase, was 49 with previous similar acts and arrests.

There are a lot of nutwads out there, this type has to be confronted and taken down for whatever charge,

if not he will gain confidence and escalate the act to another level, perhaps even waiting in her place to assault her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.