Stalker.. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stalker..

This is a discussion on Stalker.. within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide If we where in a situation where police services weren't readily available I would agree with you. However, as things are ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Stalker..

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    If we where in a situation where police services weren't readily available I would agree with you. However, as things are now I wouldn't approach anybody in that manner, especially while carrying openly.

Exposed weapons tend to escalate situations. The dude may be totally innocent and feel his life is in danger and try to defend himself. Or he may be guilty and decide that he needs to get a bigger gun then you have, hide out, then hit you back at night. Even if you successfully defend yourself your going to face the courts to justify defending yourself in both criminal and possibly civil court. If its a good shoot you may succeed but at a pretty big cost.

However if you contact the police they are obligated to handle the situation and respond. Should the dude end up being what you think he is then the cop is going to deal with him. Even if there isn't a reason for an arrest the dude is going to be on notice and he's going to be on that cops radar. If the dude is innocent and just doing a job you can chalk up your suspicion's to you never know about people these days and again the dude will be on notice and will knock off the behavior that set off your radar.
    Guess you have more faith in police than I do. I'm afraid many would state that if he was not on your property, he has a right to be there... yada yada yada. As I said, I would do nothing aggressive to cause any confrontation and would not approach him too close... just close enough to get his picture. That way, the next move is his. Most would give up the game at that point but if he didn't, you then have some evidence to hand to the police.

Now where I live, in redneck country, I'd have an AR in hand & tell him to get the F away. My neighbors would be at my side. My answer above is based upon living in an urban area.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
    Guess you have more faith in police than I do. I'm afraid many would state that if he was not on your property, he has a right to be there... yada yada yada. As I said, I would do nothing aggressive to cause any confrontation and would not approach him too close... just close enough to get his picture. That way, the next move is his. Most would give up the game at that point but if he didn't, you then have some evidence to hand to the police.

Now where I live, in redneck country, I'd have an AR in hand & tell him to get the F away. My neighbors would be at my side. My answer above is based upon living in an urban area.
    I do have faith in the police to an extent. I believe most officers are good men/women that do try to do their jobs which are becoming harder and harder everyday with the demands society is making of law enforcement these days.

That being said, I prefer to deal with a situation tactically rather than with brute force if I can. You should be able and equipped to handle the situation yourself should the need arise but by stepping back and handing the problem over to the police you've taken all liability off yourself should something go wrong when he's confronted, you've removed yourself from the potentially dangerous situation of confronting the individual, the police are obligated to investigate the situation, and perhaps most importantly there is now a record that you where concerned about this individual should something go wrong after the police leave and you have to defend yourself or worse get injured by him. The record also will reflect the action or inaction of law enforcement when you called them. It will help your defense should you end up in court.
    Robie likes this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Whether someone has faith in the police or not is a moot point.

If something happens and the judge asks...did you call the police and the answer is no....guess who's going to jail?

Call the police on a cell phone so you have a record of when the call was made. Keep notes of when the person was there...what time, etc, etc.

You have no idea who this person is.

Are they possibly mentally retarded...

Are they on meds....

Could be any one of a dozen reasons the person is there. None of those reasons make it okay for him being there but may give some insight into the situation.

My point is this....just because he's there doesn't mean you automatically go after him with a baseball bat or....gun.

Call the police and let them figure it out.

My two cents.
    RJAMES likes this.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Better safe than sorry. No one wants to look back at this moment in time and say, "If only I'd done more to stop him." I'd call the police and have a friendly chat with a visible sidearm.

We have issues here. It took police involvement to simmer things down. Well, and a court order. For under $200, you can get a 4 channel wireless security camera system on Amazon. Another $70 and you've got continuous 30 day recording on all 4 cameras. Completely worth the investment. Make sure they're set up visible - the point is to avoid an issue, not so much record it (although that too, if it comes down to it).

My wife is/was a liberal school teacher. When the CCW provision came out in our state, she was reluctant to use a firearm. BTW, the spate of shootings in Madison changed her opinion, and now she carries a Smith stuffed with Critical Defense rounds and a reload.

However, I first got her a flashlight that also had a taser in the +4 million range. Even the crackle it made showing my friends made them jump backwards.

Most commonly, a guy hit with a taser never, ever forgets the pain, the fear and the total leg wetting experience. Even sneaking up behind them and going "bzzzzz" will bring them to their knees.

I suggest the woman get one of these. If the stalker makes a move at her--or foolishly grabs her--I recommend she hit him for a or five times with the taser.

I guess the PTSD is horrid. But then he'll be a ward of some state hospital and at that point and no longer her concern...

I saw a guy watching a neighbor years ago when I lived in Indianapolis. He said he a was a detective but never showed a badge despite being asked for it and did not have a card if he was a private detective as he then claimed. I do think he was a private detective but if he wanted cooperation went about it all wrong. He tried to tell me I could not tell the woman he was following as he was working a case. Told me not to call police . I told him he was going to get a case of whip ass if he hung out on my street like he was doing . I was going to and did report him to police , let the woman know , took pictures of him and his vehicle.

Woman was a strange one but deserved to be left alone in my book. I can believe he was a private investigator as some rich guys wife was likely interested in if her husband had been to see her. I assume she was an entertainer as a large limo picked her up every night around 7 pm and and brought her home very early in the morning around 4 to 5 am. She worked out and tanned a lot , spent a lot of time taking care of nails and hair from the looks of it. Never noticed any visitors and never saw her go anywhere or come out the house other than to go to work, lay out and tan or go jogging with me.
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

Police, pictures and let neighbors know too.
    Thats all I am saying..

Thanks for the responses folks, we have pictures of him, and his vehicle, and keep a log of sightings including his clothes. He has worn a work shirt more than once, and we've looked into that.
    As for the police.... that was, of course, or first thought once we decided he was not an immediate threat, however, friends mom has a rich, medicated, self medicated ex...who is ALSO a slimy criminal lawyer.. or would be well within reason to suspect our spic friend is involved with the lawyer, who has been actively trying to ruin the moms life for a while, including driving around the town she lives in, and threatening to find her and burn her house..
    We have contacted the police about him, and gotten zero help, and believe that lawyers family(old Florida money) may get a pass.

We are considering tracking devices, any input?

Quote Originally Posted by jim-henscheli View Post
    We are considering tracking devices, any input?
    Milwaukee tool tracker. Sold at Home Depot to track job boxes, tool boxes at construction sites. Cheap and easy, the size of a hockey puck.

The item is officially called Milwaukee Tick.
    Last edited by Toefoot; 07-25-2017 at 04:46 PM.
    Slippy likes this.
    Come on you target for faraway laughter, Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links