Which would you choose as a personal protection weapon?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Which would you choose as a personal protection weapon? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Hello all. I am in debate on which item, other than a knife, to which I may be able to protect myself in close hand-hand ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Which would you choose as a personal protection weapon?

Hello all. I am in debate on which item, other than a knife, to which I may be able to protect myself in close hand-hand combat. Two options I am considering are a collapsible baton or a small handheld stun gun. Both have there ups and downs.

The baton is light weight and doesn't need to be charged what so ever. Also, it might be able to be better concealed on persons due to its lower profile (in my opinion).

Now, the stun gun is very effective when in really close quarters and can put the assailant down with one strike. It does have some limited factors though. First, it needs to have a charge. This may limit my options when carrying. For example: say I needed to bug out, and don't have it charged, or don't have any means to get it charged. What then? Second, it is a little bit bulkier than the Baton.

With all that, I was just wondering what everyones preferences are? Which would you choose over the other and why? Do you have any other options for EDC protection?

Thank you for any comments or constructive criticism. Will surely use anything I can squeeze out of you all.

Original Prep

A saber tooth turtle. Small compact durable. Not very fast but then your assailant just might laugh himself to death.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsInor View Post
    A saber tooth turtle. Small compact durable. Not very fast but then your assailant just might laugh himself to death.
    Haha that was classic! Very well done Sir/Ma'am! I might just laugh myself to death, not the assailant....

Stay Classy my friend!

Original Prep

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Before deciding on what choice of defensive weapon, you need to educate yourself with all these weapons. just owning is not enough. I tell my 17 yr old daughter, BENT. Balls, eyes, nose and throat. If your personal close, to me, your in my space, and I'm threatend, I train to need no asisstance. My daughter goes to self-defense classes at the "Y", plus the leo I work with teaches. He is a black belt. When you're up close and that personal, you've not paid attention to let it get that far. just mho
    Deebo likes this.

roy

A collapsable baton is illegal in Texas. Might as well carry something useful like a compact Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    Before deciding on what choice of defensive weapon, you need to educate yourself with all these weapons. just owning is not enough. I tell my 17 yr old daughter, BENT. Balls, eyes, nose and throat. If your personal close, to me, your in my space, and I'm threatend, I train to need no asisstance. My daughter goes to self-defense classes at the "Y", plus the leo I work with teaches. He is a black belt. When you're up close and that personal, you've not paid attention to let it get that far. just mho
    Training is a given prior to purchasing either of these items. I am also getting my concealed permit soon, probably within a month or two. Really appreciate the information and tips.

Look at your local laws. Stick with them you don't want to see TEOTWAWKI from inside a prison cell or with your income garnished for a plaintiff. Look at yourself if like me you are asthmatic OC and other sprays are a bad choice. What is your skill level with a baton? What training is available to you? I have seen OC, less lethal shotgun rounds, batons all fail. I have not seen tasers fail whether projected or dry stun but have read of it happening. Nothing is perfect but look at your options and consider if this failed what would I have time to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    A collapsable baton is illegal in Texas. Might as well carry something useful like a compact Glock.
    Is this country crazy or what, no baton, but glock ok? Not that I'm complaining, just pointing out an obvious flaw in the liberal reasoning. peace.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    An ASP and a bottle of FOX pepper spray. Being you don't have your CCW to conceal carry yet. Spray them with the pepper spray in the eyes and mouth, than hit them in the knees and balls with the ASP while their blinded. Keep hitting them till you've definitely broken their knees and balls, than walk away and go home. Calling the police is a waste of time. The perpetrator is either going to get a slap on the wrist, completely let off due to procedural bungling or thrown back into the same jail they have been in many times before and let out after a short period of enjoying the food, cable, working out, doing drugs, and learning new ways to be a better criminal. Try to do the rest of us a favor and make sure they can't walk and reproduce ever again.

Exactly what Fuzzee and 1skrewloose have stated. If it comes to defending myself, or my family, today, or EOTW, if you invade my "bubble", one of us is getting hurt, one is walking away.
    Henry Bowman style, tell noone, admit nothing, deny, and most of all tell noone.
    As far as your question originally, I would carry all if I had them, better on you than in a drawer somewhere, but the key is reaction. When shit looks/feels bad, don't wait to be on the defensive, make the BG be defensive. BENT- I like that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links