Urban Camouflage - Blending In While Packing Around Your Carbine - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Urban Camouflage - Blending In While Packing Around Your Carbine

This is a discussion on Urban Camouflage - Blending In While Packing Around Your Carbine within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Everyone replying so far makes valid points. Here are my issues though.... I drive a sports car - golf clubs won't fit. I am not ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Urban Camouflage - Blending In While Packing Around Your Carbine

Everyone replying so far makes valid points.

Here are my issues though....

I drive a sports car - golf clubs won't fit.

I am not planning to go running around strapped with a carbine on my back. It is for moving in and out of an apartment complex parking lot to take to the range, or for some other lawful purpose. It is going from dwelling to trunk and back. I just don't want some of these lurking looky-loos to know I have gun in my apartment....

I suppose I could carry it in a garbage bag, but that's missing the point.

The idea is to go unnoticed.

If I walk across a hotel lobby carrying this case, I could do so without drawing a second glance.

It is really designed for undercover LEOs, but it is a dedicated gun case, and is purpose built.

Most concealed carry laws have a size limitation. A gun over 12 inches cannot be carried concealed, in most states....

The main point was just to prevent people from freaking out or planning to steal your stuff. Out of sight, out of mind.

That, and it matches my bowling shoes.

Just kidding about that last part...!
    Some days, you should just stay home in bed....

Hidden Content

Is a gun case considered concealed?

Long gun in a case is not concealed in Michigan, in fact that's one of the legal ways to transport them

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A lot of people would peg the 5.11 in a heart beat for what it is.
    Now this may get you in and out
    Urban Camouflage - Blending In While Packing Around Your Carbine-case_07-tfb.jpg
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    It's been a while since I lived in a apartment complex, but the last one I did, I simply did not shoot a lot of rifle while I was there. I do play guitar though and the people there heard me practice at times to know I played, so when I did take a rifle out I used my soft case. It doesn't fit my M1A, but it fits an AR just fine and that's what I brought. It's hard with those prying eyes though. People are nosy as hell and there are a ton of little thieves around who are always looking for a new score. You got to do what you got to do though and if you live in such an area than you've got to deal with it. The 5.11 case looks nice and from what I have of their products they can make some good stuff.
    Verteidiger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Infidel View Post
    Is a gun case considered concealed?
    Sounds silly, but no. Not if it's obviously a gun case (probably why Ruger put their big red logo on the 10/22 breakdown case. To keep from getting sued by everyone who gets arrested!). If you wrap a long arm up in trash bags with strings tied around it, it passes the law for "legal transport". That means taking it out to your car, putting it in the trunk, going to a place of intended use, returning home. NO stops in between. Carrying a long arm in public (walking through a book store for instance) is a WHOLE different thing according to laws in MD, MI, and SC (only ones I'm versed on personally).

If you have a pocket knife in your pocket, it's "concealed" according to the law and you can go to jail if you don't have a permit. If the same pocket knife is in a case on your belt where everybody can see it. Your fine! THAT one is specific to SC. MI has regulations on the length of the knife and other stuff as well. Again, each state if different.
    Last edited by BigCheeseStick; 11-03-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    Reality: Hidden Content

Yeah, Smitty, that guitar case is slick.

The problem is that would be more attractive to some thieves than a gun case...!

I am not trying to get past knowledgeable gun people - they don't freak out if a gun is around.

I just wanna get past Granny on her balcony and the wannabe gang-banger teenagers.

As to legality, it is a matter of state law whether carrying a long gun concealed in a case would be legal (or not).

Each person should check their own state laws. I did - it is one reason why I bought the gun case....

Different strokes for different folks, but this one works where I roll now.

They also make a "shorty" version of this case for M4s that are separated upper and lower; or it will cover an SBR.

I prefer having one where the gun stays intact - if I need to use it in self-defense, I don't want to have to assemble it first....

Theoretically, I could even fire it with one hand inside the case - in an emergency.

The LEOs I know back home use these. They swear by them. But everyone has the right to choose whatever gear they prefer....
    inceptor likes this.
    Some days, you should just stay home in bed....

Hidden Content

It's just not big city got to know what the other guy is doing. I live in a town of 5000 and I get asked what I am doing all the time, not that they are going to turn me in, just curious. Best bet is to load your car when they aren't looking. It's a hassle but, gives some peace of mind. It's a damn shame we have to be covert like this to avoid conflict! When I lived in NJ I stored stuff in a self storage locker, still had to get in and out during business hours.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 11-03-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Verteidiger likes this.

I like the guitar case idea as well. But if you've ever carried one you know you can't get but a few feet in any town or city in the US without somebody wanting to hear "Stairway to Heaven"! :D

"Sorry, got a broken string." always works though. Just be prepared for a 10 minute discussion on it.
    Reality: Hidden Content

So this may be out there but have you thought about just a plain old cardboard box? Your moving in after all?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links