peep mod 1?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

peep mod 1?

This is a discussion on peep mod 1? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; ive obtained a large ammo case from work and plan to get more as i start building a pees(portable emergancy energy producer). the case is ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BigCheeseStick
  • 1 Post By PrepConsultant

Thread: peep mod 1?

peep mod 1?

ive obtained a large ammo case from work and plan to get more as i start building a pees(portable emergancy energy producer). the case is water proof and i believe it is emp proof (due to the rounds being electrically shot from my weapons system and needs protection from electronic waves). it will have large rechargeable batteries. an interior mounted plug and mini solar panel will be within this case. ive been through schools and trainings to understand electronics so hopefully i can get this working without blowing anything up lol. whats everyones input on this future project of mine? and does anyone have any ideas that should be implemented/warning i should know?

Some things to be aware of: if it is sealed tight enough to be water proof, battery gases (from charge/discharge) may build up and cause corrosion or worse; if rubber sealed, EMP energy could travel thru the rubber seal and into the case, must be metal to metal seal. Try this site for more info: Electromagnetic Pulse Protection - EMP - Futurescience.com

Forgive my ignorance please, is this essentially a portable high amperage battery pack? (an off road golf cart with an inverter bolted on it comes to mind)
    jackmobes likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

+1, what is a peep?

Do, or, Do Not. There is no Try.

Peeps are great around Easter.. I like the purple ones.. Oh wait, there's a turtle!
    MrsInor likes this.
    Check out my blog Hidden Content Also SurvivingTheBreaks on Facebook.. My radio show will be goin live next week on Hidden Content so be sure to listen out.

spend the $$ and get gel batteries

maybe look into making it a "solid" unit, so a fuse box and switchboard installed... and plugs, so you can plug what you plan to power in, oh due to the nature of the device, make it 12vdc... gives you room to play (and maybe a volt and amp meter so you can monitor...)
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Sponsored Links