Don't forget the gloves
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Don't forget the gloves

This is a discussion on Don't forget the gloves within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I always wear gloves when working in the yard, performing mechanical maintenance, cutting wood, and just about anything where I could potential damage my paws. ...

Don't forget the gloves

I always wear gloves when working in the yard, performing mechanical maintenance, cutting wood, and just about anything where I could potential damage my paws. I've had guys tell me it's not "manly" and to just suck it up, but your hands are VERY important and a nice rip to the palm, or nasty blister from splitting wood can reduce your effectiveness when working. I use all kinds of cheap work gloves, jersey, leather, canvas. I'd like to get some nice Mechanix gloves because I'm a sucker for marketing. I also keep a pair in my car kit and BOB.
    Pray for the best, prepare for the rest.
    Hidden Content

Re: Don't forget the gloves

I will agree, I was working on a transmission and the socket slipped off the bolt, my hand smashed into the transmission case and sliced my pinky open pretty badly, blood everywhere and I couldn't work with that hand for a few days because it was so bruised, I'm lucky I didn't break anything or cut my finger deeper then I did, Shoulda got stitches but I just neosporin'd it and wrapped a bandaid on it tightly. Gloves are a must!

Cheap Mechanix all the way!
    Any reason is the perfect reason to prepare.

I has a youtube! Check me out!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/acidlittle

Sponsored Links