Poorman's SHTF Loadout? - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Poorman's SHTF Loadout?

This is a discussion on Poorman's SHTF Loadout? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I agree, ditch the helmet and flak jacket. They will only stop shrapnel, not projectiles....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Poorman's SHTF Loadout?

I agree, ditch the helmet and flak jacket. They will only stop shrapnel, not projectiles.

i got pasg dirt cheap. helet about 100 vest 65 steel plate abot 22 ea.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator View Post
    Not sure where the GOVT came into but yes obviously someone in the possession of nuclear weapons is prolly gonna be able to take out your house. I think we are talking about other people not organizations any organization can over come a well fortified individual. EIB 12 mile road march in kit plus your ruck (45lbs dry) kinda says something about not being able to carry it for long distances I think. So what does a D6 have to do with it. I really am curious about that I would also like to hear your comments on the plates AR500 steel plates only weigh 6-7 lbs and only cost about 65-80 dollars pair it with a cheap and I mean cheap plate carrier at 20-40 or a surplus one at about the same price and while not as cheap as flak jackets I could see them being a cheap alternative that provides the level of protection this guy is seeking.
    the steel plates come pretty cheap, folks with throw away money are goin with ceramic. im buggin in till things quiet down, will probably get shot in the face as i protect the 2nd floor widows anyway, but something is always better than nothin.it gives you peace of mind.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If you've ever worn some of this stuff plates, body armor helmets etc. After a while you'll either make a truce (adjustments) with your gear or you'll come to hate it. I see such things as body armor, plates and helmets as being useful (maybe) as bug in gear. If for no other reason than I want all the protection I can get because more than likely I'm having to make a stand.

If I'm out and moving about as in bugged out I want to blend in and be as mobile as I can possibly be. In or out? each should be dealt with as being uniquely different situations.

Right. One more no on the Flack Vest. A standard 9mm ball WILL zip through the front and out the back. Trust me on this. Kevlar Helmet ? Nope. Unless as others have said your Dinning in. Then it'snot really an issue.
    I do like your start and thought process. Keep thinking and sharing. You can add a pistol. But unless you have the time and $$ to practice, perhaps a revolver might fit the bill. I've tagged quite few rabbits and squirrels with a 22 pistol and if you went 38 or better you could get dedicated "Shot" rounds for small game. Just a thought.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links