How to properly keep nylon straps bunched together
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How to properly keep nylon straps bunched together within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stabnshoot
  • 1 Post By Smitty901

Thread: How to properly keep nylon straps bunched together

That's not new - we were doing that with our 3 day bags and rucks in the 70s and 80s. Still yet, you should always double secure the rolls with Ranger rubberbands or I promise you the roll will telescope out at the most inopportune time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Pazzesco View Post
    That's not new - we were doing that with our 3 day bags and rucks in the 70s and 80s. Still yet, you should always double secure the rolls with Ranger rubberbands or I promise you the roll will telescope out at the most inopportune time.
    Here's the thing, I've been told many a time that it's not a new technique, and I never claimed it was as I learned it from someone else. I've just seen tons of people who either don't bother to tidy up their adjustment straps after it's adjusted, or permanently modify them with zip ties or some other method and can't adjust them again without hassle.

But, thanks for the tip on the ranger bands. You're the second person to recommend this to me so I figure it's worth looking into since I haven't actually used my gear after the straps have been rolled as I just learned this technique a few months ago.
    Gallo Pazzesco likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Pazzesco View Post
    Remember very few lived in our world. This is stuff they need to know.
    Same with flags on a sling secure it or trim it off you you will get hung up on something .
    Gallo Pazzesco likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Remember very few lived in our world. This is stuff they need to know.
    Same with flags on a sling secure it or trim it off you you will get hung up on something .
    That's something to keep in mind. I've had a few veterans get sort of ticked off at me because I think something is so great that they believe to be basic and a no-brainer.

If you have anything else like this, it'd be wise to share it with those who haven't served, as we may not know it and sharing the info with us may save us having to learn something the hard way. It could be life saving.

that's some good stuff to know

Sponsored Links