Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Prepper merchandise at gun shows

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  yzingerr 
#1 ·
I have been to several gun shows over the past 2-3 years and have been disappointed about a few things. I am surprised that there has not been someone that is there selling bug out bags or more prepper gear. Yes, they have the wise food, and plenty of guns/ammo. And there are a few private sellers that have military surplus. But, I think someone needs to start a prepper/bug out supply company. Has anyone seen otherwise? i am located in Virginia.

#2 · (Edited)
on the 20th theres a prepper swap meet in co cal- i think its in covina. id have to hit meetup.com to make sure. but i have beekeeping school that day.

they had a big ole gun show in la last weekend i didnt make it. the last gun show i went to was in 29 palms they have one 1x a month i felt like they charged me to go dumpster diving. they really didnt have anything there but a buncha junk. i was so dissapointed.

#6 ·
thats really nice, growing up in rual texas hillcountry we had doubledot farms, which was longhorn and a huge rabbitry, their poop was our worm farm we also trained show horses. i had 3 rex in the 4h and we had silver martins, californians, satins, flemmish giants, french lops and minis! if i remember right they were dutch minis.

#13 ·
Went to the gun show in Lubbock,TX on Sunday. Usual stuff like outragous prices for anything AR or .223. But in the middle of it all was a lady with ammo boxes full of heirloom seeds. I visited with her a while. She seemed to know what she was talking about. I will post the company name later. She was doing seeds in a regional pack. This part of Texas is too dry to expect a lot of corn to grow with out irrigation. She added other plants that work better than others for this area. Next to her was a guy selling Berkley Filters. I had never seen or used one except on the web. I still don't know why they are $250 but at least he showed me how they work and what they can and can't do.

It seemed there were more people selling cammo gear, not just clothes. A lot of packs, frames, and bags. I went to sell some AR and AK mags. Everyone had some on their table for $50-$85 but no one was buying. I have 10 AR Thermold 30rd and 2 42rd AK mags for sale. I paid $20 for them last summer expecting to get another AR or AK but other things needed to be bought first. If anybody on here wants the AR's for 40ea send me a PM. The AK's are 50.

#15 ·
Here in nor cal, the gun show is a joke.
Not kidding or exxagerating at all, I can go once and then come back 10 years later and it will be exactly the same. Overpriced junk.
Additionally, its around $10 to get in and $10 parking.
Lately there has been this push to abolish it because it is held in one of (if not THE) worst neighborhoods in San Francisco..hunters point.
THEY argue that the guns are going straight from the show to the waiting hands of felons... ignorant politicians!
Like we dont have a 10 day wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.