So you've got your gun, and you're yelling "take that mutha bitches!!" and then you
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

So you've got your gun, and you're yelling "take that mutha bitches!!" and then you

This is a discussion on So you've got your gun, and you're yelling "take that mutha bitches!!" and then you within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Rifles and pistols can only carry so many rounds in them. Your firearm will need to be reloaded and you've got to figure out how ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: So you've got your gun, and you're yelling "take that mutha bitches!!" and then you

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.

Gear to carry spare ammunition and magazine for your firearms.

Rifles and pistols can only carry so many rounds in them. Your firearm will need to be reloaded and you've got to figure out how to carry those spare rounds and magazines. Whether it's an AR15, a Glock 19, M1 Garand, Marlin 336, 10/22, Mossberg 590, Remington 770 or PPK. There are bandoleers for shotguns and leveractions, LBE and vest rigs for military rifle magazines, pouches that can attach to belts, MOLLE/PAL and whatever you and 550 can tie it to. And more. Hell you can even throw spare rounds into an old sock and stick it into your pocket. Some are faster ways to reload than other of course. May this thread help those who haven't figured it out yet and give those who have a spot to discuss their rigs for those who haven't.

These days, though I have LBE's and vests, I've transitioned to satchels. Modern takes on the tactical man purse as some like to poke. Truth is, I find them comfortable to wear with a CCW rig and there fast to put on and fast to take off. Maxpedition Active Shooters Bags are what I'm using but the market has seen an explosion of satchel, shooter bags of there type for good reason. They work.

So you've got your gun, and you're yelling "take that mutha bitches!!" and then you-9833review8.jpg
    So you've got your gun, and you're yelling "take that mutha bitches!!" and then you-bg554_500_5.jpg
    Last edited by Fuzzee; 12-12-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Picked up an extra LBE over the years . but it can be an issue walking around with it on. No crime but not a good idea The v can be very handy and can be stocked up and ready to go.
    Fuzzee likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Be sure to wrap the strap over your head like the wimmen do with their purse
    Fuzzee likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Fuzzee that looks so metro you would fit right in at starbucks
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    Be sure to wrap the strap over your head like the wimmen do with their purse
    They wrap it over their heads? For what, retention?

inceptor and shotlady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Fuzzee that looks so metro you would fit right in at starbucks
    Thanks, I like Starbucks. I prefer my coffee with a burnt crusty flavor.

Back on subject though, I use the Active shooters bags because they work so well with a CCW. It's what I wear all the time and will be bugging out wearing as I feel it's better to be able to have a rig you can stash most of your gear with and go into a town or trading spot, concealed and more able to blend in as less of an open threat. Vests and LBE's are tough and support weight good, but can be cumbersome and longer to take off and put on. Great for standing a post, but not as versatile for many different users to adjust for and much more openly threatening to some in a more miltary appearance. I have them, used them in the Army also, but won't be bugging out with them on foot. In the vehicle, yes, with the rest of my extended gear, but if I have to go to ground they stay behind.

Last edited by Fuzzee; 12-09-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    shotlady, HVU, Denton and 1 others like this.

I totally agree with your approach on this, Fuzzee.

I like these -- very discreet -- look just like camera bags. Cannot tell they are for packing mags and ammo. Has a vinyl pouch for a map (great for driving if you do not know the area), a radio holder, place for a GPS, cell phone, chem lights, flash lights, CCW and mags, knives, and whatever else strikes your prepping fancy.

BLACKHAWK! Battle Bag - BLACKHAWK!
    shotlady and Fuzzee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Verteidiger View Post
    I totally agree with your approach on this, Fuzzee.

I like these -- very discreet -- look just like camera bags. Cannot tell they are for packing mags and ammo. Has a vinyl pouch for a map (great for driving if you do not know the area), a radio holder, place for a GPS, cell phone, chem lights, flash lights, CCW and mags, knives, and whatever else strikes your prepping fancy.

BLACKHAWK! Battle Bag - BLACKHAWK!
    I like that. Lot of room and the map pocket is a nice touch. I have Blackhawk gear and it's all well made. That version is more discreet than the Maxpedition bags.
    shotlady likes this.

These are some other Shooter Bags that always looked good to me, but I don't know anyone with one yet. I'm hoping my buddy will give one a try for his AK47 rig, but I think I'll get around one of these days to picking one up for the AR.

Olongapo Outfitters (Powered by CubeCart)

So you've got your gun, and you're yelling "take that mutha bitches!!" and then you-guns_and_gear_012s.jpg
    shotlady likes this.

Here's the murse I have:

shotlady, Fuzzee, Denton and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links