Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Need some boots

9K views 37 replies 31 participants last post by  Arizona Infidel 
#1 ·
Not sure if I'm in the right section, I'm new around here. But I'm in the market for a new pair of boots. I'm upgrading from my run of the mill Timberland "work" boots. I won't be wearing them all the time, just for work and hiking/camping.
I need the following out of my boots:

-Lightweight/Breathable (basically hot weather)
-Come in a size 14-15
-Be able to take a beating
-Comfortable
-"6-"8 in height.
-Slip Resistant
-Price is under the $175 range

A feature I would like but could live without:
-Waterproof

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

#2 ·
Honestly, it sounds like you know already know what you want... just search for boots on the web and see what matches your criteria. Eliminate those that don't and you'll have what you are looking for.

#3 ·
Magnums I think they are called is what I use to wear when I worked in the slaughter house. They are for swat teams etc etc steel toe breathable and waterproof. one of the best features is tie them up tight!! and than they have a zipper on the side so you can take them on/off as fast as possible they were excellent boots but did not do so well in cold and snow

#4 ·
I'm no help on this. I wear what I call "Jerusalem Cruisers" most of the year. They're made by Keen.
then again, I live in Alabama. We have one week of fall, one week of spring, two weeks of winter and the rest of the year is hell with humidity added for extra misery. :-D

#10 ·
It's a good choice to stick to known higher quality either way you go and reinforced sewed soles if you can, as most of the boots today have soles simply glued on. Which is why ShoeGoo or E6000 is an excellent prep to keep around besides. Danners, Merrell, Asolo, Rocky, all make great boots besides others. I still feel Altama's All Leathers are a great boot as I've got uncounted miles on mine given to me as issues way back. I've gone through too many Corcoran's to buy anymore of them, but have been very impressed with my Rocky's lately and still need to get around to getting a pair of these. You might find them interesting also. There close to your price point.

Amazon.com: Rocky FQ0000103 Men's S2V Vented Military/Duty Boot: Shoes

s2v - Hunting Boots, Hunting Clothes, Outdoor Boots, Work Boots, Duty Boots, Western Boots - Rocky Outdoor Gear

#15 ·
#22 ·
I got these boots in the mail yesterday, and they're easily the best pair of boots I've ever owned...at any price. I'm going to order another pair as a spare for me, and another for my wife. I wore them to work today to get started on breaking them in, but honestly, I don't think they need breaking in...they're that comfortable. Easily one of the best purchases I've made in months.

A year or so ago, I asked a cousin of mine who's still active duty to pick me up a pair at the PX in Lejeune, but they were too expensive for me ($200+ if memory serves). At $40, you can't go wrong.

#18 ·
Ever since I had my right side crushed in a car wreck (both legs too) I basically can only hobble around till I put my boots on. Footwear is as important as food. I have gone through a couple of pairs, Columbia hiker hightops were nice, great tread and super light with breather sides and real leather. I liked those but they hurt my right foot (which was extensively damaged, almost amputated) now I have been using the new style Dr. Martin's boots, they are on par with just about any mil spec boot out there. They are extremely shock absorbent, soft inside and really durable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.