Prepper Boots? Best Overall Prepper Boot?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Prepper Boots? Best Overall Prepper Boot? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; What is everyone's overall thoughts on the BEST overall boot out there for a all in one type scenario? Military boots, cowboy boots, work boots, ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Prepper Boots? Best Overall Prepper Boot?

What is everyone's overall thoughts on the BEST overall boot out there for a all in one type scenario?

Military boots, cowboy boots, work boots, snake proof boots, logger boots, paratrooper boots, camo boots, waterproof, thinsulate, steel toe, mid size, ankle length?

Timberland, Red Wing, Wolverine, Caterpillar brands?

Laces, drawstring, paracord?

I have a pair of black boots from danner. Waterproof and insulated by gore TeX and thinsulate. I can't wear them everyday, so I usually go with a waterproof sneaker. Right now its a north face sneaker.

Personally if I had to go with ONE boot, it would be the old standard black combat boot. Wearing boots made for jungles or deserts through a foot of snow sucks, as would wearing my Danner Matterhorn Gortex lined boots when it is 100 degrees F outside would also suck. Unless you are riding a horse, cowboy boots would not be the best option in any weather/terrain.

Footwear would be important, but like many things, you would have to think about the terrain and climate in which you will be wearing them and under what type of situations.
    Big Country1 and survival like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I think where your located makes a big difference on what kind of boots are needed. Personally i wear Justin, high top lace up's. ("roppers" is what i call them) They are great for me, and are very comfortable. Prepper Boots?  Best Overall Prepper Boot?-pppp.jpg
    survival and Piratesailor like this.
    NOT ALL CONSPIRACIES ARE THEORIES! Hidden Content

If you see a Liberal today, remind them just how much of a moron they are!!

Liberals = Weapons of Mass Destruction

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.

Depends on the area. For me 90% of the time I wear Redwing pull on work boots. I think the style is called wellington. If it's cold I wear thick wool socks. If it's really cold and snowy I have insulated lace up hunting boots from Irish setter.
    survival likes this.

Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm walking over rough terrain I like a sturdy vibram soled logger. If I'm walking on milder terrain I like a lightweight insulated hiking boot. If it is snow covered slushy terrain I like a wearing a good pair of pac's. I have them all and where I'm going pretty much dictates the boot I'll be wearing.
    survival likes this.

I've got a pair that I really have a liking for.
    They are black lace ups from Herman Survivor. (closeout at Wally World, marked $30, down from $90)
    They have reflective banding, are waterproof all the way up the laces, have a strong composite over the toe for crush resistance, shockproof(electric shock, that is, no metal), have pointed ridges that run over the composite toe and across the back of the heel(I'd use them for "acutely applied pressure", if you know what I mean), aggressive tread, puncture resistant sole(nails and such), and are Thinsulated.

They are designed to be a safety boot. That's why they still have toe protection, but no metal, to avoid electrical pathways.
    I'd use them for rock, snow, mud, sand, just about anything really.
    They look a little large, like the feet on Frankenstein's monster, but not too bad.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Super Moderator

There is no way I would ever pick just one. Even if this is what I wear everywhere but work:

KEEN Mens Newport H2 Sandals

Whether shopping, in the woods poking around, doing yard work, or heading to the beach, Keen sandals. Winter? Yuppers. Summer? Of course. Looking for snakes? Are you out of your mind? That's what the snake boots are for!
    Piratesailor likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I have browning made kangaroo leather light weight hunting boots for normal wear. Insulated waterproof Iron ridge hunting boots from cabbalas for Ice and Snow weather. Everyday wear is 5.11 tactical ankle boots with side zip and waterproof. All are extremely comfortable and broken in. Without comfort you may as well be bare foot.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    All depends on where you live and what you do. I don't think there is a one fits all. I wear Merrill in south Texas (mostly topsiders though). I've hikers Yellowstone and other paces with them and they work for me. The caveat being it was summer. Winter.. All together different boot.
    Denton likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links