Looking for a plate carrier set up.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Looking for a plate carrier set up. within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Any thought for a bigger guy. I'm 6'6". 260. Afraid alot of stuff will be too small. Also dont want to break the bank. Any ...

Any thought for a bigger guy. I'm 6'6". 260. Afraid alot of stuff will be too small. Also dont want to break the bank. Any tips or suggestions?

Try AR500.com
    Here is an article from someone on another forum I read.
    https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/bu...-what-to-know/

mrgunsngear on YouTube tests a ton of affordable armor, as does Buffman - R.A.N.G.E. Chinese Botach 'Battle Steel' plates always do well too. Despite the name, they have Ceramic/PE plates as well.

HESCO is very popular for the high dollar stuff. This site is a clearance house for a lot of good plates that may be over-runs, etc... but you have to check it daily, as the deals come and go quick:

www.kotaoutfitters.com/shop-1
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Krackentoa View Post
    Any thought for a bigger guy. I'm 6'6". 260. Afraid alot of stuff will be too small. Also dont want to break the bank. Any tips or suggestions?
    A second vote for AR500 . . .

My nephew (LEO Lieutenant in Tx) put me on to them . . . he bought his own when he didn't like the line supplied by his dept.

I'm 6'2 . . . 185 . . . but I also wear a 46 jacket and it is semi-tight. A 47 would be perfect as a 48 is just a tad big.

I got their rig . . . and while it looks small once it is on and adjusted . . . when you actually look in the mirror at what is covered with it. . . . yeah . . . I'm OK.

If I recall correctly . . . they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee . . . don' like it??? . . . send it back.

That is where I would start.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thank you. I'll check them out

Just a good video to show some plate abuse
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

The Good Cop

If your battle weapon is an AK, I have seen tests of a chest rig of loaded AK magazines effectively stopping rifle rounds.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Sponsored Links