PD-100 full face respirator filter swap.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on PD-100 full face respirator filter swap. within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Ive always believed in being prepared, but never really considered myself a "Prepper". The entire COVID pandemic panic situation changed my mind on that. Although ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: PD-100 full face respirator filter swap.

Ive always believed in being prepared, but never really considered myself a "Prepper". The entire COVID pandemic panic situation changed my mind on that.

Although Covid isn't airborne, it made me realize that within whatever China has in store for the rest of the world in the future, there might be even nastier bugs that COULD go airborne.

I realized I needed to invest in gas masks. I decided that, although I'm not crazy about it being made in China, within my current, truncated budget, the PD-100 would be an affordable option for the meantime, until I'm able to upgrade, and keep this one as a spare.

I wanted the option to convert the mask from 3M respirator filters to 40mm NATO canisters.

The PD-100 instruction manual has instructions to remove 3M brackets, and replace them with 40mm adapters, which I have.

My issue is, that the existing plastic 3M brackets seem to be immovable. The basic concept is like a Rx bottle safety cap. You firmly press down and turn counterclockwise. These have 3 tabs that in theory should press above their slots to allow the bracket to twist off, but they have absolutely no give, and there seems to be no way they're going to move.

I'm afraid that if I wrench too hard, I'll permanently damage the mask. I've looked all over for a solution, but I've come up empty. I hope someone here might be able to tell me if I'm missing something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PD-100 full face respirator filter swap.-20200718_172059_1595107290116.jpg  

PD-100 full face respirator filter swap.-20200718_172111_1595107299843.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by OrsonHornbeam View Post
    Ive always believed in being prepared, but never really considered myself a "Prepper". The entire COVID pandemic panic situation changed my mind on that.

Although Covid isn't airborne, it made me realize that within whatever China has in store for the rest of the world in the future, there might be even nastier bugs that COULD go airborne.

I realized I needed to invest in gas masks. I decided that, although I'm not crazy about it being made in China, within my current, truncated budget, the PD-100 would be an affordable option for the meantime, until I'm able to upgrade, and keep this one as a spare.

I wanted the option to convert the mask from 3M respirator filters to 40mm NATO canisters.

The PD-100 instruction manual has instructions to remove 3M brackets, and replace them with 40mm adapters, which I have.

My issue is, that the existing plastic 3M brackets seem to be immovable. The basic concept is like a Rx bottle safety cap. You firmly press down and turn counterclockwise. These have 3 tabs that in theory should press above their slots to allow the bracket to twist off, but they have absolutely no give, and there seems to be no way they're going to move.

I'm afraid that if I wrench too hard, I'll permanently damage the mask. I've looked all over for a solution, but I've come up empty. I hope someone here might be able to tell me if I'm missing something.
    Did you ever consider that the Chicoms tainted the masks and respirators with the virus or worse?

Orson here is one FOR YOU!!!!

Name:  Hanes protective mask.png
Views: 69
Size:  182.1 KB

edit: Orson, sorry for harsh reply.

You should introduce yourself, first post. Then contribute or ask questions............IMHO get a NATO/Israeli mask
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 07-18-2020 at 04:49 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

Did you ever consider that the Chicoms tainted the masks and respirators with the virus or worse?
    No.

Even if they did somehow put "the virus" on the mask after production, it would never survive the weeks of shipping outside a host.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Orson here is one FOR YOU!!!!

Name:  Hanes protective mask.png
Views: 69
Size:  182.1 KB

edit: Orson, sorry for harsh reply.

You should introduce yourself, first post. Then contribute or ask questions............IMHO get a NATO/Israeli mask
    There, I introduced myself in the introduction section.

If you go back and read my post, you'll see the part where I said that I plan to eventually upgrade (probably to a made in USA Mestel), and use this one as a spare.

So, knowing that, do you have any serious suggestions to my issue?

If you go back and read my post, you'll see the part where I said that I plan to eventually upgrade (probably to a made in USA Mestel), and use this one as a spare.

Do you have a pdf or a link to the manual for the mask? The pictures you posted are clear but don't tell the whole problem.

For some reason I like to breath, if something bad goes airborne I hope when it reaches me I go quick. Had enough of these stupid masks and distancing suggestions/mandates.
    Slippy likes this.
    I will not submit! Just leave me be!

Do you have a pdf or a link to the manual for the mask? The pictures you posted are clear but don't tell the whole problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    For some reason I like to breath, if something bad goes airborne I hope when it reaches me I go quick. Had enough of these stupid masks and distancing suggestions/mandates.
    Biological contaminants aren't the only reason to own an emergency respirator. For example, I live about a half mile from a large chemical plant that holds thousands of tons of liquid phosgene gas. I'm sure there are multiple safety routines implemented there, but I'll breath a lot easier with a respirator if I hear an explosion in their direction.
    1skrewsloose likes this.

In your situation like with many who live in anti-2a states might be time to think about moving somewhere else.

A 30 mph wind will have the gas at your door step in 30 seconds, my math might be bad, but you won't have much time after they that be notify everyone.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 07-18-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    I will not submit! Just leave me be!

I've looked high and low for any info online for converting the cartridges to NATO. All I can find is general reviews.

I was hoping to find someone here who was familiar with this particular mask, until then all I have is a pic of the instructions that came with it. They seem simple enough, and I can see what they're talking about with aligning the tabs, but I'm just not getting it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PD-100 full face respirator filter swap.-20200718_205606_1595120500192.jpg  

PD-100 full face respirator filter swap.-20200718_205620_1595120516512.jpg  

PD-100 full face respirator filter swap.-20200718_205839_1595120537127.jpg  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links