Arachnigrip Slide Spider - gun accessory
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Arachnigrip Slide Spider - gun accessory within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Has anyone tried one of these out? $20 seems a bit high for what you get, but I have tried to work a slide under ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Arachnigrip Slide Spider - gun accessory

Has anyone tried one of these out? $20 seems a bit high for what you get, but I have tried to work a slide under stress and adverse weather conditions and can see the value in something like this. As long as it a very rugged long term product.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...-spider-slide/

No not me.
    patrioteer likes this.

Skater's tape is a heck of a lot cheaper and can be cut to any size/shape you need.
    Skateboard Griptape Sheet

Same stuff folks used on their handgun grips before Talon came out with their own line of pre-cut offerings.
    patrioteer and Smitty901 like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

My 2 cents. I wouldn't use it. I think it could cause undue friction and slow the draw from a holster when you need it. It looks to me like it is designed for a thumb and finger pinch grip on the slide to rack it which you should never do. Thats a fine motor skill that can be lost under stress or cause you to "ride the slide" preventing the gun from going into battery. Use a full hand grip to rack the slide and "strip" it out of your hand to charge the gun. Again, my 2 cents.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

To be fair, both methods of racking the slide are actually fine motor skills. The overhand method being a gross motor skills is one of those gun guru myths that we all still hold on to. Punching someone in the face or waiving down a rescue chopper is a gross motor skill. Learned that nugget at a DTI school taught by John Farnum.

I buy sheets of traction grip material and adapt them to my own needs, but making one for the slide seems like a huge pain the ass. But at $20 a pop it might be worth giving it a shot.

I just keep a round in the chamber. If I have to rack the slide after my mag is empty then I’m probably in a hopeless situation anyway.
    dwight55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    I just keep a round in the chamber. .........
    +1

If you don't have a round in the chamber, you may well have the rest of your life to wish you had.
    KUSA likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Carrying a semi auto with an empty chamber has always seemed to me to be just short of a loony tune idea.

We were trained that way on a ship in port for sounding and security patrol . . . but I never encountered it anywhere else.

My 1911 sits comfortably in its little holster on my hip . . . loaded, cocked, and locked . . . pull it out . . . thumb off the safety . . . I'm in business.

To me, that is the ONLY way to pack a semi auto.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Camel923, Michael_Js, KUSA and 1 others like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    I just keep a round in the chamber. If I have to rack the slide after my mag is empty then I’m probably in a hopeless situation anyway.
    I am not following.

How do you get a round in the chamber without racking the slide? What if you have a malfunction? What if you have to a reload under stress? Those are why this exists, not to carry a gun without a round in the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by patrioteer View Post
    I am not following.

How do you get a round in the chamber without racking the slide? What if you have a malfunction? What if you have to a reload under stress? Those are why this exists, not to carry a gun without a round in the chamber.
    Adrenalin will work far better than some stick-on grippy tape.
    dwight55 and KUSA like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links