Somebody help me build an AKM chest rig that doesn't cost a fortune
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Somebody help me build an AKM chest rig that doesn't cost a fortune within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; The SADF pattern 83 and Soviet Lifchik are probably my favorite chest rigs, but they are expensive and hard to find real ones. What I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cthulhu 669
  • 1 Post By SOCOM42

Thread: Somebody help me build an AKM chest rig that doesn't cost a fortune

The SADF pattern 83
    and Soviet Lifchik are probably my favorite chest rigs, but they are expensive and hard to find real ones. What I want is a chest rig capable of carrying more than 6 extra 30's for AKM and two large pouches each side ( left side to carry 4-6 extra 30's and and large pouch on right side big enough to carry large drug/meds bag and full trauma kit. Ideas, anyone
    bigwheel likes this.

Get a horse with saddle bags.
    Slippy likes this.

We have a 50 person fallback survival retreat. We know some members are not equipped to do guard duty other than having a long gun and required ammo.

We purchased lots of kids back packs from the thrift stores for about $2 each.
    Some will need a touch of camo spray paint.

Not the fancy chest rig but it carries their poncho, water and lots of magazines. Mag pouches can be easily made to hang in the front.

In your case, perhaps you could hook a Guard Equipment backpack onto a Medical backpack. Total cost: $4

I know it all sounds unmanly and all, but try equipping 15 people on no money outlay.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 03-31-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 669 View Post
    The SADF pattern 83
    and Soviet Lifchik are probably my favorite chest rigs, but they are expensive and hard to find real ones. What I want is a chest rig capable of carrying more than 6 extra 30's for AKM and two large pouches each side ( left side to carry 4-6 extra 30's and and large pouch on right side big enough to carry large drug/meds bag and full trauma kit. Ideas, anyone
    Like this?

https://www.combathunting.com/AK_47_...Chest_Rig.html

You pay for what you get though. A real russian/yugo rig is going to be pricey.
    Last edited by SRU Viper; 03-31-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 669 View Post
    The SADF pattern 83
    I had a similiar problem trying to lug my pistol..extra ammo..asp and other assorted nice things in the concealed carry mode without it pulling my pants down. Finally settled on carrying anything I want on my trouser/gun belt and support the bulk of the weight on faithful Diluth Trading big boy suspenders worn under my slouchy long tailed shirt. Plenty of room for cuffs and taser..big knife etc. Willing to bet a person could carry a bunch of ammo if they had some.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-r...ies-suspenders

This site is pretty good at military surplus..
    https://colemans.com/product-categor..._list_limit=96
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Sponsored Links