God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts...
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts... within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Did a little work on the tractor and driveway this afternoon, also worked on the Barn; Siding and Interior Storage. Red Dog stays on the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts...

Did a little work on the tractor and driveway this afternoon, also worked on the Barn; Siding and Interior Storage. Red Dog stays on the porch when I work in the barn but follows the tractor around a bit.

Weather came in late this afternoon and temps dropped a bit so I started a fire in the fireplace and tossed a polka dot fleece over myself after a hot shower. Red Dog cuddled up and wouldn't let Mrs S or Mrs S's Rat Dog near me or her. She'd fight a bear to protect me I think.

God Bless Cattle Dogs!

God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts...-img_1803-002-.jpg

PS; 1911 in .45ACP, SW MP 9MM and 12 Gauge all within a few feet of us as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Did a little work on the tractor and driveway this afternoon, also worked on the Barn; Siding and Interior Storage. Red Dog stays on the porch when I work in the barn but follows the tractor around a bit.

Weather came in late this afternoon and temps dropped a bit so I started a fire in the fireplace and tossed a polka dot fleece over myself after a hot shower. Red Dog cuddled up and wouldn't let Mrs S or Mrs S's Rat Dog near me or her. She'd fight a bear to protect me I think.

God Bless Cattle Dogs!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1803 (002).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	103335

PS; 1911 in .45ACP, SW MP 9MM and 12 Gauge all within a few feet of us as well!
    God Bless Dogs
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

he best not get loose and try to kill our Shitzu. The Warden loves him much more than me. It just aint fair.
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

We had a cattle dog/German shepherd mix that was a wonderful guy. The wife found him as a tiny mange infested young puppy, in the roadside ditch, thrown away.
    What a wonderful dog he was.
    The size and coloring of an Australian cattle dog, with the appearance of a shepherd.

He lived to be 16, been gone about 5 years now. I still have scars on my arm from his claws when we used to play fight.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Slip, what is it about a blanket on a guy's feet that appeals to dogs? I have the same issue, I wake up with "something" on my shins and it's the dog!

Now, I have a theory. Dogs usually come in litters. We originally bought two, a brother and sister. The sister died at about 14 years, and now the brother will only sleep if he's touching you. Being raised in a group appears to include me, too.
    Slippy likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Nice dog there Slippy, that breed is very loyal.

One of my best friends was a wonderful mutt I grew up with. Protected the home from 2 and 4 legged. He'd grab a woodchuck and shake it until the insides came out, then eat it.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    he best not get loose and try to kill our Shitzu. The Warden loves him much more than me. It just aint fair.
    Maybe its for the best, count your blessings she lets ya slip off to the bar and grill without her tagging along everywhere, huh?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

The cattle dogs seem to know what to chase, or kill amazing. Mine will kill any size Racoon on sight. Has even killed one and chased down the second before it got away . While he get up set with the 8 pound dog Payton has he will not hurt her.
    cattle dogs will embrace a family but will bond firmly with one member. There is no animal that he will not deal with.
    Slippy and soyer38301 like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

My half cattle dog-half chow pooch "easy" is a humane society dog from Oklahoma. A smart and loyal pooch that barks too much some times and certainly sheds much more than I prefer. Still a very good boy.
    Slippy likes this.

My boy “Easy”
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts...-167e04d6-ce2d-422b-8967-a661b6ffcc96_1580954501553.jpeg  

SGG likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links